Help with a name > Seagull Film

Guys,

My partner Nina and I, with a huge amount of help from our various Seagull racing friends, (including a few who frequent this forum) have spent the last couple of years working on a documentary centring around the build up to the 30th Great Annual Waikato Seagull Regatta. Nina is well down the track on the editing process and we are starting to do the music, but we also need to start thinking about a name.

So far we have things like:

Blokes of a Feather

Flocking of the Gulls

The Waikato Flyers

Waikato or Broke

The Back River Racers

Blokes, Boats & Birds

Ideally the name will touch on the theme of the film which is the fantastic Seagull outboard and the brave men who use them. The film follows 5 seasoned seagull racers and a first time team in their build up to the 30th anniversary of the Waikato race. There are winners, losers, broken boats, sinkings and triumphs along the way. The film is a tribute to grass roots boat building, the kiwi way and a quirky little engine that claims to be 'The best outboard motor in the world'

Anyone care to throw in their 5 cents? Play on words welcome!

A bottle of rum and an invite to the cast and crew screening to the originator of the name that gets used.

Thanks Adrian.

Waikato Seagull Regatta.JPG

Buoys and Gulls

Or the other way round,

Gulls and Buoys.

Reminds me of something I heard somewhere, "A lot of old mariners swear by their seagulls, but to the casual observer it would appear that they are swearing at them"

Some of the others put forward at the bar last night:

2 strokes to freedom

Down the creek without a paddle.

A long way down - the tale of man vs river.

Man vs Gull

A tale of blokes, boats and birds.

There must be an easier way

2 strokes to freedom
Probably best to keep that one for the later at night Directors cut ;)

That 'Back River Racers' I like. Conjures up crazy and loopy dudes trying to make something go way faster then it was ever designed to do, it's got a nice 'No 8' feel thing happening.