9 replies to this topic

#1 waikiore

waikiore

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

:thumbup: Anyone in town this weekend should get down to the viaduct and have a look at the newly restored Ngataki and relaunch of the classic NZ book South Sea Vagabonds, its a great read and the boat is a credit to its last owner Debbie and the work of Marco Scuderi and Yachting Developments in restoring her for the future.

#2 Veladare

Veladare

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

Where about will she be?
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing WITH you.

#3 waikiore

waikiore

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

In front of Viaduct events centre by the bridge, Andrew Fagans Swirly World is there too !

#4 Veladare

Veladare

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Cool thanks, my grandfather was Jeff Wray, Jonnys brother... Ive been wanting to have a look for years
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing WITH you.

#5 waikiore

waikiore

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

You had better, there are pics of your grandfather and other crew etc and clippings you should see there. :thumbup:

#6 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Know where the book can be bought?
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

#7 Veladare

Veladare

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

I can lend you a copy David.

Thanks Waikore, looking forward to it. I am currently the custodian of a few of the original pictures in the book as my other grandfather raced on the Te Rapunga on the race up to and including the Sydney Hobart...always make me think a little each time its comes up that both grandfathers raced each other back then on such an epic journey.

Ill meander down on Sunday afternoon

Thanks for the heads up

#8 waikiore

waikiore

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

Boat Books, and yes Tom there are pics of the Te Rapunga boys from that Tasman race as well

#9 rossd

rossd

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationRaglan NZ

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

I see the book is in regular bookshops at the moment, was reprinted earlier this year.

#10 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

Cool, years ago I had a first edition, lent it to someone...................
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users