2015 Fully Crewed Central Triangle

2015CrewedCentralTriangle.jpg

Following the success of the 2-handed Central Triangle Race of 2013, Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club is running the Fully Crewed Central Triangle Race with the start gun set for Friday, 6 March 2015.

This follows two weeks after the RPNYC 2015 Port Nicholson Regatta (Friday, 20 February - Sunday, 22 February).

News about the 2015 Fully Crewed Central Triangle can be found at the RPNYC website at: http://www.rpnyc.org.nz/club/regattas/crewed-central-triangle-race/news

The Notice of Race,

The Online Entry Form, and

a link to the race's Facebook page can all be found at: http://www.rpnyc.org.nz/club/regattas/crewed-central-triangle-race/news/802-entries-open-for-2015-crewed-central-triangle

The organisers are also helping any sailors who are interested in being crew on boat to also register their interest at: http://TINYURL.COM/KROU5M2

Crew are also able to swap in and out at each leg making it accessible for everyone who wants a challenge with offshore sailing.

Royal Port Nicholson, Akaoroa Yacht Club and Napier Sailing Club are thrilled to be part of what is shaping up to be a fantastic race with stop overs at each club for fine beverages and festivities. A social programme will also be available to partners and families wishing to join in.

So far the confirmed entries are:

1. Blink (Shaw 12),

2. Crusader (Elliott 35ss)

3. Revs (Ross 40)

Wellington Ocean Sports will be running an Advanced Sea Survival Course over the weekend of Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 September 2014. Advanced Sea Survival is a comprehensive theoretical and practical course required by crew competing in Category 1 offshore races. The course is ISAF and Yachting New Zealand approved and held over one weekend.

On completion participants gain the Coastguard Boating Education Services Advanced Sea Survival Certificate, which is valid for 5 years.

The course includes:

◦Safety and emergency planning

◦Man overboard, liferafts and emergency equipment

◦Distress signals and responsibilities

◦Fire precautions and fire fighting

◦Medical care aboard

◦Damage control

◦Weather and forecasting

◦Heavy weather techniques

◦Storm sails

This course should be a prerequisite for anyone considering an offshore passage. Book your place today.

See: http://www.rpnyc.org.nz/ocean-sports/ocean-sports-news/793-advanced-sea-survival-running-on-13-and-14-september

I will be there on Crusader.

I predict that having got the taste for it during the One Ton Cup Revisited, you will defect from the boring Crusader experience to embrace the thrill of doing the Central Triangle on The Racing Yacht Waianiwa. How could you possibly go back?

Awesome Andy - looking forward to seeing you in the new boat on the start line - woohoo. Blink has entered - we are really looking forward to it as a crew.

That looks like fun, unfortunately female Fossil not only says she's too old, but says 'And you're too old too you bloody old fool, we'll stick to the Jack and Jill at ccyc, and we're too old for that too'

Monohull yachts only.

Rule

3.4 To be eligible to compete in this event:

(a) each crew member shall be a financial member of a club recognised by the entrant and crew member’s national authority;

(B) 40% or more of the crew must have a current certificate from an approved YNZ Survival at Sea course;

© 40% of the crew must have a current first aid certificate; and

(d) where required, each crew member shall satisfy the Organising Authority that they are a fit and proper person to take part in the race.

Cat 1 grab bag rules apply.

Plus other safety measures.

OC

Um, OC, your point is?

!. Another prejudice race club - organisation excluding multihulls.

2."40% or more of the crew must have a current certificate from an approved YNZ Survival at Sea course;" $ 400

There are courses just as good if not better for cheaper fees. Restricts I guess overseas crew that you wish to have as crew with higher survival course certificates.

It should be compulsory for the captain / Skipper and ditto for C.

3.1.8 Yachts may carry and use a second mainsail, provided the measurements for the largest

mainsail is declared on all handicapping and rating certificates. Both mainsails must be carried on the yacht at all times on all legs.

This changes IRC Rule 21.1.5(e).

The money yacht owners able to afford a light weather main have a major advantage.where other yachts with restricted budgets get the same handicap.

(4. Entry fees will not be refunded unless the entry is rejected by the Organising Authority.

(6.4 Any yacht that does not pass an inspection by 1700hrs on Thursday 5 March 2015 will be deemed to have withdrawn from the race.

(12.5 A leg will not be scored for a particular scoring system unless two or more yachts that qualify for that scoring system start that leg.

Would not pay to be first and pay your fees for your class or handicap system and decide it is

Not worth competing being the only yacht to race. Can't claim the prize or record, plus entry fee..

Would not pay to be first and pay your fees for your class or handicap system and decide it is

Not worth competing being the only yacht to race. Can't claim the prize or record, plus entry fee..

Okay. Don't enter then.

Given that there are already three yachts entered, and at least another one (possibly 2) in this thread indicating their intent to enter already, and two other campaigns I am aware of considering entering, the chances of "being the only yacht to race" seem remote.

Given that RPNYC has a long well established history of organising and running offshore races; and given that not only are there many boats from the lower North Island and Upper South island who regularly compete in offshore races organised under these or very similar conditions and safety provisions; and given that there are very few complaints about safety and communications provisions adopted to keep competitors and the organising club safe and financially secure, it seems to me that your objections are far from universally held.

Having said that. thanks for offering your perspective and opinion. You are certainly entitled to it.

As someone involved in helping organise this event, I respectfully request that having clearly announced you are not interested, and that you would not enter, that you now cease posting negative comments in the thread. This thread was started to help advertise the event and drum up interest from people who ARE interested in competing.

If you want to slag off the event, its requirements and/or or the people making the effort to organise it and/or the people intending to compete in it, how about you start a separate thread, so as not to drown out the intention of this thread. Thanks.

And, furthermore, if you want an event that allows multihulls, how about you get off your arse, and organise one?

I am sure people will be interested in entering... at least until people begin posting in you promotional threads dissing your efforts and approach, and diverting the focus of your thread into everything they think is wrong with what you are trying to do.

We are keen to enter and have no problems with the rules, the handicap system, or the requirements. It's very simple if you don't like it don't play.

I guess most people enter to win and will give it a shot, but our prime motivation is to be on the start line and to finish. Winning isn't our sole driving force to enter this race. We just hope there will be some similar boat's like ours.

How many multis are there in Wellington that are capable of doing this sort of race in this part of the world?? .id say very very few. Multi owner's have a choice sell up and but a mono and join in our go hit up oc (often complaining) sorry typo I mean ocean cruiser and see if he will organise an event. He will have to change his name thou as he is an ocean cruiser not an ocean racer :thumbup:

Okay. Don't enter then.

Given that there are already three yachts entered, and at least another one (possibly 2) in this thread indicating their intent to enter already, and two other campaigns I am aware of considering entering, the chances of "being the only yacht to race" seem remote.

My Polite friend

But is there not more than one rating class on entry.

Having said that. thanks for offering your perspective and opinion. You are certainly entitled to it.

My polite friend, thank you for that acceptance

If you want to slag off the event, its requirements and/or or the people making the effort to organise it and/or the people intending to compete in it, how about you start a separate thread, so as not to drown out the intention of this thread. Thanks.

My polite friend again I'm certainly not slagging on the event and no intent was intended as you have for some reason over reacted.

I would have thought questions and opinions would be welcome.

And, furthermore, if you want an event that allows multihulls, how about you get off your arse, and organise one?

I guess you would not recommend or advise any body from your area or the SI to enter the coastal classic then.

I am sure people will be interested in entering... at least until people begin posting in you promotional threads dissing your efforts and approach, and diverting the focus of your thread into everything they think is wrong with what you are trying to do.

Well slagging my event and my arse as you put it before I even try. PR I think they call it.

My friend please explain to every body that wishes to enter why 15.1 Each yacht shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of $3m per event.

When clearly 14.1 Competitors participate in all races entirely at their own risk. Refer to RRS rule 4. The Organising Authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during or after the race.

Don't know many yachts from there worth $3 or more and would have to be a major collision to cause a total loss situation in view on salvaging most equipment hardware deck gear is possible for the worst case scenario .

Additionally why rule changes from the norm that seem to support my queries.

No Offence is intended just tying to convince myself to enter.

:idea: OC

Archived