Does anyone know this yacht?

OK, if it has not moved in a few years, a couple of things to keep in mind. Firstly the major one would be anode. If that has gone and most likely it would have, then you could have major issues with the Propellor being stuffed and if she is a Steel Rudder, then that most likely is stuffed as well. And then you need to make careful inspections of the shoe that couples the stock to the Rudder. The beauty of FC is that there is not much else that can go wrong with them sitting like that. So you should be sweet as far as the Hull goes.

Make sure the Motor starts and runs sweet. Sitting in Salt laden air unprotected could cause it to sieze and etch marks into the bore.

The other area are Batteries. If they have not had proper charging, they won't handle future hard work.

Just make sure you check everething and if there is a problem, make sure you get that reflected in price. I know it sounds cheap at the mo, but it could easily esculate to beyond what you want to spend if anything like Engine and Prop are damaged.

If you go in with your eyes open, I imagine you are going to get a good boat.

Hmmmm......thats something to think about Wheels.A stuffed prop I can deal with but not sure about a stuffed rudder.I would think the chance of underwater corrosion would not be great on a mooring unless the boat had an electrical fault?Lets hear some stories about corrosion on swing moorings.

Doesn't matter where the boat is. Swing mooring, open sea, Marina, if you have dissimilar metals below in the Briney, then you are subject to Galvanic corrosion. Which in thinking about that, if your Engine Raw water cooling requires Anodes, they will well an truely be gone also and that means things like the Heat exchanger may be nothing more than just a few Molecules holding hands.

Archived