#1 Changed

Changed

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationNorth Shore

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:14 PM

Race 1 around Motuihe Island is on this Sunday 30th November. Start is at 1.00pm. Who's coming out to play?

#2 Kaihe Atamai

Kaihe Atamai

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:31 AM

RevoBlues will be there - this is also the third in the Hauraki Singlehanded Series and the last race to join the HSS for before drops start to affect your series totals - c'mon skippers from BBYC, DYC, SSANZ, and WBC!

#3 tomharry

tomharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

would not mind but kawau weekend with pybc

#4 Oracle1

Oracle1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

oracle intends to race, whats the weather up to this weekend ?
do we have some sort of normal handicapping for all boats this time..based on race track ?

#5 Kaihe Atamai

Kaihe Atamai

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:32 AM

oracle intends to race, whats the weather up to this weekend ?
do we have some sort of normal handicapping for all boats this time..based on race track ?

Poke poke poke - Racetrack is picking up the HSS races and you can see your racetrack results on that site. By the NOR, the HSS tracks PHRF, which doesn't change, and club handicaps, which do. Spoiled for options. If you wish to donate a large "racetrack" prize to the HSS I'd be happy to tally it and give it away at the end :)

#6 Wild727

Wild727

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:41 PM

Wild! will be there... Not sure about the handicaps though, being from a landlocked country and all I thought that's enough of a handicap in itself :D
I will leave it to someone who knows more about that...

#7 Oracle1

Oracle1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

great race today, good weather for it, unlike the drifter with RYC a few weeks back.
Big Kudos to H& H for runnning the kite, He eventually got it up and working, while the rest of us avoided his broaching and
almost chinese a few times, he pulled out a few hundred metres before motuihe to round first, I was just gull wing with the jib for part of it, then the beat home... !! great, Oracle was in her element. No2 jib and 1 tuck in the main. trucked along nicely, each time it got windier i made gains...each time the sea got lumpier i made gains.. then half way from browns is to motokorea took over to lead. then short broad reach back to browns to the finish boat and beat H& H by about 15 seconds.

got some great photos of the the other competitors while i was a blouse and had no kite up. will post then later.

#8 Mr Hell

Mr Hell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

Well that blew away the cobwebs :) Congratulations to Oracle for the gun. You'll be happy as Larry after that effort.

#9 Wild727

Wild727

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

Well what a day....
Started off by wrapping a dock line around the propeller! And once free bumped in to Big Bickies and Rock Lobsterr on the way back in. One complaining its too windy and the other not being able to get his main up...
Off to the next issue, I managed to run a reef line around my life lines and took a while to work out why I cant get my main up.... I probably should have given up on my reefing idea there and then.... It was pretty cool surfing down the waves and hitting 9kts at times, bareheaded too!
Only 5min 20sec late to the start.... Quite good considering my previous starts... Suppose should have known how far Motukorea is....
Lovely sail all the way to the bottom of Motuihie and then... Managed to catch up and pass someonenot sure who, and Cool Change had a few issues and I got sort of close...
All in all, today was not a place for a 7m boat... Main luff ripped and everything hurts.... Too lumpy, gusty and shifty...
Great day on the water basically!
Big thanks to BBYC volunteers for sitting and waiting for everyone to finish!!!

#10 Marshy

Marshy

DayStar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:10 AM

Race results are on the website now - Well done to those that raced. i would have been keen as to (Probably wouldn't have had the balls for a kite tho!) but was occupied at the santa parade... Golly how things change!

http://bbyc.org.nz/r...ts/single 1.pdf
<p>Marshy - I may have gone to the Darkside, but I'm loving the VMG to windward....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users