1185 replies to this topic

#1181 Sabre

Sabre

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:47 AM

Does Crew.NZ have the right to publish what they wish, and refuse to publish anything they don't like? 

Why yes, yes they do.

But does Crew.NZ ban people from having an opinion voiced?

Do you not have any concern with a media outlet saying zip it if you don’t agree with our view point? That seems a dangerous and slippery slope to me.

#1182 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,655 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:53 PM

Alternatively: they are like me in not wanting the discussion to be sidetracked by people who for unfathomable reasons want to deny the human fingerprint on climate change and/or introduce nonsensical conspiracy theories.

Such wisdom is easy, many say lazy, when you are not allowed to consider all inputs.

#1183 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,655 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:56 PM

Does Crew.NZ have the right to publish what they wish, and refuse to publish anything they don't like?

Why yes, yes they do.

No they don't. No one in NZ is allowed to publish, and at times refuse, to publish what they want. Even more so today than ever before.

#1184 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,655 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:56 PM

Why yes, yes they do.

No they don't. No one in NZ is allowed to publish, and at times refuse, to publish what they want. Even more so today than ever before.

#1185 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,655 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:00 PM

I find that extremely alarming. Follow the rest of the sheeple or shut up? That is a dangerous stance to take.

Oh hell yes....but sadly that technique is becoming way too prevalent these days. It is a very good way to control the easily lead.

#1186 idlerboat

idlerboat

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:49 PM

.......  Plato...at least say first who wrote it....who or what organisation he is part of and...that it is an opinion piece..

He is not involved in climate science....

If  those,   who dont believe ,   "the majority of scientific evidence that proves that human actions are the  major cause of the present unusual climate change and potentially dangerous further changes.."

(.....especially given the current argument about airtime.....)

.........that they believe that they should( for some reason) have an equal amount of "air time" to those proven scientific sets of data.. then at the very least they should be reasonable and provable in what they wish to push into the debate...

NOT yet again a known set of disproved anti.....junk..

That is the very reason why publishing companies are pulling the pin on those types of "opinions"

Its a bit like giving equal time to someone suggesting that vaccinations or not smoking are a very bad idea.....compared to the obvious scientific proof to the contrary..

There is only two substances..stuff and glue...and even glue is made of stuff,,
quote."MD"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users