690 replies to this topic

#651 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,570 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:28 AM

Errr, no I don't think you were and that is a far stretch of the story to get that from what you said. But OK, maybe it is your Ozy Accent we didn't understand well.

#652 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:50 PM

So replace denier with any other word that adequately describes that group then read the article and try to digest the content.
(Must admit I never even raised an eyebrow over that term as it seemed a perfectly reasonable collective noun)

I don't understand what you want or what I'm supposed to be looking for?

It's a cartoon of the standard line or at least one of them. It's not new, nor contains anything new, nor science, nor sweet f*ck all but a pretty cool drawing I'd like to have the skills to do myself.

#653 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:27 PM

Good. You have actually looked at it. Next-generation how do you account for the discontinuity from the late 1800s to the present?
“If we don’t change our direction, we will end up where we are headed.”

#654 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,570 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

Actually BP, that graph has very conveniently shown a very small snippet of History. I say Conveniently, because before his start point of 20,000 yrs, the Earth was much much warmer. So yes, when people say the Earth was once warmer than now, the graph I have posted actually shows what they really mean

Attached Files

#655 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

Good. You have actually looked at it.

I always suss all links everyone puts up. Hard to learn if you don't.
But the first thing I do is suss where the link lands and suss the quality of the link. Unfortunately that one has a distinct agenda and it offers nothing new so it got reads, pondered over for a very short time and I moved on.

#656 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

Wheels: nothing you said was incorrect. Now could either you or KM offer an explanation for the discontinuity from the late 1800s to the present?
“If we don’t change our direction, we will end up where we are headed.”

#657 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,570 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:48 AM

So just to be clear, this is just after the massive temp increase spike at about 180Kyrs ago which then dropped again to a point where it started to slowly rise at 20,000 yrs ago, where the comical graph you posted started from.? A pity the time line was not more linear rather than Log. One could easily assume it is a normal rise once again. Personally I am not so sure. That is because I am not a denier, but someone that is seeking information and truth. So while I see a rise that could by some be argued is a natural swing back up, I also suspect that some of it is Man Made. Why? because the "peak" of the swing up has remained flat and not the wild spikes as seen on the time line previous. Although this could be more about the Logarithmic time line and we simply do not have the data condensed in time the same as happens the further back along the line it goes.
BP, you seem to still be under the impression that I (I won't speak for others) don't believe in Climate Change. That I don't believe it is Man made. I will say this again, sigh....yet again, it is purely and simply that I do not buy the idea it is solely Co2 that is the culprit. Simply because of two points that no one yet has been able to answer for me.
1: Why did temps begin to rise about 80 to 100yrs before the Industrial Revolution.
2: If Co2 is the culprit, why is it's increase lagging the temp rise.

I could also add a new question I have since the latest Co2 measurements show a 4% mark measured in NZ.
3: if Co2 is the culprit, how is it that if Co2 is mostly being produced in the Northern Hemisphere, that we are seeing the same percentage down here in the Southern Hemisphere. The Equatorial Atmospheric boundary stops the crossing of that NH Co2 into the SH.
4: If the percentage is the same on both sides, why are we not seeing a more even temperature swing over the entire globe. Instead we are seeing a much cooler Southern Hemi compared the the NH.

#658 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:25 AM

Of all the 1000's of scientists and science sites and similar someone is suggesting using a cartoon????

What's next, rearranging the world finances using ScroogeMcDuck.com as a guide?

#659 idlerboat

idlerboat

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:01 AM

And he said...

Black Panther, on 12 Sept 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:snapback.png

Still on the deamonisation route rather than discussion I see. Do you realise all those posts do is use energy which means you are adding to Global Warming for no good reason, just like Al Gore frequently does. You both should be ashamed of yourselves..... and for more reasons than just that.

and I said....

:evil:   :evil: Still on the deamonisation route rather than discussion I see. 

:arrow:   :idea: Nope I would call that education . 

and then he said..

dlerboat, on 12 Sept 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

snapback.png

:evil:   :evil: Still on the deamonisation route rather than discussion I see. 

:arrow:   :idea: Nope I would call that education . 

Calling people silly names makes them smarter?

Idler you are a stupid dumbarse. How much did that raise your IQ? I have more if you want to get better educated.

and I said

wow its gone weird again...

I was talking about the illustration of the time line of temperature change, that BP put up...

which would be this one

https://www.vox.com/...ge-xkcd-graphic

Hardly the voice of the demon....I would call it an intelligent method of illustrating a current situation in a manner that can be accessed and absorbed by most people in a quick,fun and easy way... 

and now I get this ?

Errr, no I don't think you were and that is a far stretch of the story to get that from what you said. But OK, maybe it is your Ozy Accent we didn't understand well.

??

Well yes I was....as above, no it isnt,

and I dont have an axesent....mate...

There is only two substances..stuff and glue...and even glue is made of stuff,,
quote."MD"

#660 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

Hardly the voice of the demon....I would call it an intelligent method of illustrating a current situation in a manner that can be accessed and absorbed by most people in a quick,fun and easy way...

method of illustrating one current possible scenario. I use 'possible' as that's what science also uses.

Yeap agree, it is well done if that's the scenario you believe or want to believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users