693 replies to this topic

#691 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,571 posts

Posted Today, 09:41 AM

Yes wheels but not me was saying he doesn't waist things , like a lot of us we save our goods to last for the time we need them , I still ware a dorlon 80s sailing jacket wich has been half way round the world

I agree that BP is right in one sense. There would need to be a radical change. But for that to happen, I think things are going to have to get a whole lot worse. The consumer has little choice with many Purchases. For instance, a Car is built with the intention that it will only last 5yrs and then be replaced and the old one scrapped. Here in NZ, a 10yr old second hand Car is considered only just been run in by many and many of us are happy to drive around a 20yr old Car. Except it could be considered just as bad for the environment as replacing every 5 yrs.
Somethings, yes fir sure, it is silly buying cheap nasty. There are people bringing in Sun umbrellas and Swing seat canopies to the place I work beside and they have gotten a season out of them. They ask if it can be recovered with something better. The reply is, yes sure, but it is $600 for the fabric and will last you 10yrs or more. They look shocked and say, but the entire set was only $300. Yes but it lasted you one season. Yes but I will just go buy another one thanks.
I understand what you are saying BP, but I think we would need to be on the brink of total destruction before people will change there mind set.

#692 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted Today, 04:55 PM

I understand what you are saying BP, but I think we would need to be on the brink of total destruction before people will change there mind set.

I don't understand what he is saying but do agree with your thoughts there Mr Wheels. Things will have to be pretty bad before the bigger wasters will change.

Also agree the average dude on the street is going to be screwed to stop actions not of their making, it's happening already. $100 billion dollars Thank you.

#693 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,571 posts

Posted Today, 05:24 PM

Well when you see Young People that say they can't afford anything, then go line up for the latest iPhone at $2K, or say they would rather give up Sex or breathing for that matter than put down their smart phone for a week, or the fact that Jacinda has been pushing Uni Students to enroll and vote early and they all say yeah yeah lets do it and on the very last day, there are still thousands that didn't seem to be able to find the time. Well not a lot of hope for them doing anything for the environment if it was going to cost them something personally eh

#694 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,840 posts

Posted Today, 05:43 PM

But what about a situation where the current crazy consumption is denied us?
“If we don’t change our direction, we will end up where we are headed.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users