Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:09 AM

The correct term is an oblate spheroid.

Do you swallow it or smoke it ;-)

I'd do neither.
Judging by the way humans are covering the planet in sh*t, it's another name for suppository.

#732 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

Why should they up the premiums when they won’t I sure the risk cases , like me , my 8nsurance is high being on the water , already, , so every body say in arkles bay on the flat , manly , gulf harbour , orewa , and on it goes ,the insurance company may be looking for work very quickly ,

#733 idlerboat

idlerboat

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

Last year was the second or third warmest on record behind 2016, and the hottest without an extra dose of heat caused by an El Nino event in the Pacific Ocean, the United Nations says.

Key points:
  • Scientists say 2017 was the hottest year recorded without an El Nino boosting temperatures
  • Global average temperature in 2017 was 14.7C, 0.84 degrees above the 20th century average
  • Temperatures in both 2016 and 2015 were lifted by an El Nino event

Average surface temperatures in 2017 were 1.1 degree above pre-industrial times, creeping towards 1.5C, the most ambitious limit for global warming set by almost 200 nations under the 2015 Paris climate agreement.

http://www.abc.net.a...sts-say/9342796

There is only two substances..stuff and glue...and even glue is made of stuff,,
quote."MD"

#734 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:17 AM

Yesterday was the coldest day on record.

Today will be the hottest day on record.

Tomorrow will be the wettest.

3 very easy to prove statements.

#735 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,045 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:25 AM

A place in Russia is currently experiencing the coldest temperature it has ever had .... -62DegC.
But before you think that's Cold? The coldest place on Earth, a settlement in Siberia, has a record of -72DegC
The US and Europe are experiencing some of the Coldest weather in memory.

Here in Marlborough, we are experiencing a Summer we all remember of years ago. We have had not had a decent Summer for a very long time.

#736 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:05 AM

Yesterday was the coldest day on record.

Today will be the hottest day on record.

Tomorrow will be the wettest.

Now get to study my claims and their accuracy, something you'll notice many of the alarmists are often hesitant to do.

So since records began Saturday was indeed the coolest, Sunday was the hottest and Monday sure is the wettest.

Now where do I pick up my $100,000 grant?

#737 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,045 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

Another point that is being wrongly used, is the comment, "year X has been the hottest on record". It doesn't mean anything. It is the trend that is the important point, not the actual temperature. Temperatures are caused by weather and weather is a short term effect. Climate is a long term affect. It changes weather patterns and the weather patterns can affect the local temperatures. For instance, NZ currently has lots of warm moist stuff coming down from the tropics. This is Weather. The reason why it is coming down from the Tropics is possibly the warm Sea temperatures we have in the Tasman at the mo. I cannot say if the Sea temp is from Global Climate change or not, but it is likely the reason why the Weather patterns are the way they are.
If we go by the Temperature report by NASA, then 2017 was cooler than 2016. By quite a significant amount actually. Does this mean that we are on a downward trend in Global Warming now? No real way of knowing. We have to see what this year and maybe the next few years bring to be able to see the "Trend". Is the Mean average still rising or flattened or falling. One year cannot tell us.

#738 idlerboat

idlerboat

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:48 AM

Yeah...look you guys have made your statistical points...

dont you think that its enough ?

How many organisations and reports do you want to "try" and trash with  highly personal opinions ? 

Wheels...your refusal to accept the most recent scientific opinions is starting to worry me.

Global 

CLIMATE CHANGE

is writen up large...it states an overall increase in global temperature...

but (sigh).....extremes in  weather........

I will continue to add headlines and links to this important topic here, but in future will try and not respond in future to what is a kind of wired anti ...zealotry.

Both NM and WHEELS have ample opportunity and abilities to go direct to the sources that I have quoted and discuss their opinions directly with them. Believe me they would be delighted to have any new validated insight into this global problem. 

It would be perhaps incumbent on them not to suggest (with out seriously checking) that the sources I have quoted have less understanding and statistical management than themselves.

In deed by their on going posts....it seems that they have a handle on long and short term global weather statistics, changes and trends, that would be the envy of these institutions.

How many of them have you talked to that you are still so dissatisfied ?

Who are they and why do you think they are wrong ?

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I look forward to NM and Wheels first hand reports and sources...their personal statistical modeling ......and their extremely weird and childish statements like... "It cant be global warming because it was cold at...." "that such and such hasn't  had a summer in ages"....etc etc...

Its a bit sad because if you go back there was a comment about weather not being climate......

...but suddenly it cant be global warning because Knickers beach has had three cold years in a row.....

give me a break...

(Which of course is bollocks, because climate is the sum of ALL weather).....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

​The latest statistics look at global averages ...AND... the combination of normal temperature adjustments due to El Nino. Particularly over the last three years.

Dont take my word for it...

Go look.

quote."MD"

#739 idlerboat

idlerboat

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:57 AM

If we go by the Temperature report by NASA, then 2017 was cooler than 2016. By quite a significant amount actually. Does this mean that we are on a downward trend in Global Warming now? No real way of knowing. We have to see what this year and maybe the next few years bring to be able to see the "Trend". Is the Mean average still rising or flattened or falling. One year cannot tell us.

Sigh...wheels....you DO NEED TO READ MORE...
What you have stated is simply not correct. It also is a bad influence.
Dose this situation not alarm you ?

You have stated many times that the weather (climate = weather X time) is a normal and natural phenomenon..
..a statement that has NEVER been denied by the climate experts.///
But for some strange reason... The climate skeptics ;like you, 
Refuse to understand that climate change is normal PLUS human induced.......

​AND...that there is  a totally undeniable temperature movement That cannot be explained by past global weather ...without human influence...

quote."MD"

#740 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,045 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:49 AM

highly personal opinions ? 

And yours is not??? You really are not getting this at all.
Once again, you are miss reading our views and I find it quite insulting now, because we keep going over this everytime we make comments. Have we ever said the Information NASA ( or whoever the heck is making announcements), wrong? NO!!!!! 
 Have I ever said Global Warming is not happening???? NO!!!!!!!
Am I a Climate Sceptic?? NO!!!!!!
Are you being completely biased toward KM (not NM by the way) and me?? Absolutely, you have no idea what we both think and most importantly, what we are actually doing about it Instead of just publishing Media News Grabbing Hype. Facts they may be, but they are facts being used in the wrong way. I wonder, what exactly are you doing about it? Maybe you too are doing something that is actually making a physical difference. I really do not know and so I am not going to lable you as something because I do not know.
Anyway, I am over this. In fact I have been over this for sometime and cannot believe I got sucked into this again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users