9 replies to this topic

#1 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,187 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:20 AM

Here are the Site Rules For Crew.org. If you post on here, you agree to be bound by these rules. Some of them are a bit open to interpretation, so there will be site moderation. I'll try to be consistent and fair! Here are the rules;

This is a community of individuals who share a common interest in boating. Please think before you post and keep be polite. If you come across any violations to these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let me know. 

Be Courteous! 
I aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. I want Crew.org.nz to be an online reflection of the NZ boating community. Treat each other with respect.
• The rules extend to all sections of the website (including private messaging).
• Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.
• Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
• Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.
• Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.
• Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks may be removed.
• Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and I make the rules. If rules are violated I retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward me or my staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account. 
• Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If you are unhappy with a decision I/we have made for moderation, feel free to contact me to discuss.
• NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest. If you wish to do this you MUST be a current advertiser, and your account MUST be up to date.
• Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
• Discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are permitted only in association with the topic of this forum and will be closed or removed if they become disruptive.
• We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness.

Posting Standards 

E-mail and web address are not appropriate forum user names.

Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.

The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.

Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to source. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.

These guidelines will be enforced. Please enjoy the site, respecting others.

I'd be really interested to hear any ideas about what you would or would not like to see on the site to make it better.

Thanks for reading
Matt
Editor@crew.org.nz

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#2 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,187 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

I also have put a rules tab on top menu. It may be under "more" depending on your screen resolution.

Thanks for reading the rules!!

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#3 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,187 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

A new rule has been added today;

• A member who accumulates a reputation score of -50 will have their posting rights removed. Permanently. This score means the members do not think your posts are generally of any benefit to the site.

You can no longer vote for your own posts. So even if your posts comply with the other rules, but the general user consensus is strong enough for them to vote down your posts, a score of -50 will get your posting rights removed. For good. Remember that positive votes add to your total, so even a vote of -50 for one post (which has not yet happened!) may not get a user banned, depending on their existing reputation. The aim is to get feedback from the general membership.

Finally, once again may I remind you all not to retaliate for a post that breaches our rules, just report it. You can also block posts from any user you dislike....

#4 Clipper

Clipper

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

I understand we can only give negative feedback once every 24 hrs?

#5 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,187 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:45 AM

Nope, no restrictions I can see. But you can only vote for a post once.... But I am still learning this software. Anyone else have this issue? 

#6 Clipper

Clipper

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:51 AM

I get this message if I try and vote negatively more than once every 24 hours (different posts, same poster)

Attached Files

#7 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,187 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

OK, thanks, definitely was a problem!

Found the setting, sometimes they are not where you expect. You can now give up to 5 -votes per day (and up to 10 +votes).

If people abuse this system (for example vote down every post a user makes) it will be further restricted, and their votes, or possibly even their right to vote, will be withdrawn.

#8 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

Can I be ignorant enough to ask what you're talking about? You bet I can :)

Is it something to do with those red and green boxes to the right?

Oh and the little grey one.

#9 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,187 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:14 PM

Yep. vote red if you think a post does not contribute to the site, or to sailing in general. Vote green if you think a post is good value. the grey box shows you the post's current score.

#10 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:28 PM

Ah ha, that explains it nicely, Thanks IT

There's some interesting bits n bobs in this new software. Hopefully the backroom now doesn't resemble a angry 747 dashboard :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users