What is wrong with this photograph?

Black Panther

I sailed from Westhaven to about Browns island with a fender over the side a couple of weeks ago. All because it doesn't normally live there ( dinghy was in the water beside the boat for a while).

I was mortified.

Haven't really recovered from it yet.

I thought from your posting BP that you were asking if it the picture was photoshopped (is that a real vowel?).

Obviously the photo is a metaphor of today’s world.

But the photo is genuine. I’ve uploaded another photo taken a moment earlier. The photos were taken in Redondo Beach, California about 3 February 2015.

Here’s the actual story:

Don't text and whale watch: Photo captures the moment man misses humpback whale as it surfaces just feet away because he is glued to his cell phone.

A photographer out on a whale watch captured the moment a humpback whale surfaced as a man sat on his sailboat oblivious to the sea mammal.

The whale was just feet away from the man when the photo was taken in January, but all the man seemed to care about was his phone.

The photographer, Eric J. Smith, took five photos and in all of them the man was staring at his phone and never once looked at the humpback 

'The small private sailboat had manoeuvred really close to the whales, and this guy on it was literally sitting in that position and never moved,' said photographer Eric Smith.' He could have been texting his mother in the hospital for all I know, but I thought it sucked that he missed such a wonderful moment happening just two feet in front of him.'

Man-So-Distracted-By-Cellphone-That-He-Misses-Massive-Whales-Just-Feet-Away.jpg

Re things over the side, I have developped an annoying habit of leaving the anchor just in the water to wash off any mud etc. Go back to the cockpit and carry on motoring, totally forgetting that the anchor still needs too be pulled up, I wont say what the longest time was before I wondered why the handle was still in the anchor winch. Duh! Advancing age is my excuse! And I thought all those folk waving at me were just being friendly!!

Archived