Crew wanted from NZ to Fiji

I am looking for experienced crew to  join me from Bay of Islands to Fiji in the middle to end of May. Departure date is subject to weather conditions. The boat is a  2001 Hylas 49' Sloop-- a great sailing and solid bluewater cruising boat well equipped with latest safety and communications gear,etc. If interested let me know and I can provide details. Thanks!

Hi,

I could be interested in crewing for you.

I am 60 years old (I like to think of it as youthful).  I have Boatmaster and Coastal Skipper qualifications from Coastguard and will shortly start my Ocean Yachtmaster qualification.

I have plenty of sea time, but it’s mostly in trailer boats and launches.  I have done some sailing (in dingys, trailers sailors and keel boats) and owned a sailing dingy and a couple of trailer sailors.  I have not done an offshore passage.

I intend buying a yacht and going cruising in the next year or so.  Crewing to Fiji would be both good experience for me and helpful for the Ocean Yachtmaster course.

My contact details are:

Warwick Walbran

41 Anlaby Road

Nikau Valley

Paraparaumu 5032

Ph:  04 297 0068

Cell:  021 727 662

Regards

Warwick

I'm interested in your voyage.

I haven't done much sailing but I'm 37, fit and really keen to gain open water experience. I'm also available at short notice.

Please send me a bit more info on the trip.

Cheers

Shuntersmith@gmail.com

Hi.

Tried to send PM yesterday. New to this forum and not sure if it sent.

I am interested in crewing with you.

I have half owned a Farr Phase 4 for 11 years which we delivered to Wellington from Auckland.

I have mostly sailed locally. Some racing on friends' yachts.

I  windsurf and sail dinghies.

I crewed on a friends yacht from Wellington to Stewart Island Via Fiordland. Mostly 2 handed.

I am 51. A Firefighter in Wellington.

I am crewing a Bavaria 46 from New Caledonia to NZ in Oct.

I'm really keen to get some offshore experience and I work well in a crew / team.

Please contact me

Colin Mercer

021 1277114

04 2338399

colinmiranda@xtra.co.nz