Jet Ski Nutters

I reckon they could do it all the way to Oz, but the Tazzy is going to be the one that will the Leg that could do them in. I can't see how they can carry the fuel fo the Tasman leg either. They get about 15hrs per tank. Or are they using a support boat for that leg??

Hmmmmm, I dunno. Where are there Parents in this??? Completely irrisponisble I think. Fancy thinking they could do such a wild adventurous activity. Imagine all the things that could go wrong. What Court has given them permission. What Court has not locked their Parents away for such wild abandonment. I's even be expecting their Grandparents be locked away for alowing the Parents to allow these Men. In fact, maybe the Mens Kids should be locked away for letting their Fathers do such a thing.

And whats worse...They're Sea Fleas which mean these annoyances to our leisurely way of life on the water will only be lifted to a place on the Pedestle of water activities and we will be inundated with the noisy blasted things next Summer. The whole affair should be Torpedoed before it even gets off the ground.....er water.

Hmmmmm, I dunno. Where are there Parents in this??? Completely irrisponisble I think. Fancy thinking they could do such a wild adventurous activity. Imagine all the things that could go wrong. What Court has given them permission. What Court has not locked their Parents away for such wild abandonment. I's even be expecting their Grandparents be locked away for alowing the Parents to allow these Men. In fact, maybe the Mens Kids should be locked away for letting their Fathers do such a thing.

And whats worse...They're Sea Fleas which mean these annoyances to our leisurely way of life on the water will only be lifted to a place on the Pedestle of water activities and we will be inundated with the noisy blasted things next Summer. The whole affair should be Torpedoed before it even gets off the ground.....er water.

do I sense a hint of sarcasm

What's the next-largest piece of water they have to cross after the Tasman? the gap between PNG and Aussie is less than 10 NM in places (Island hopping), but it seems there might be a few gaps of around 20NM going on up through indonesia.

mostly they can just coast all the way, no?

If they were really hard men they'd be doing it in optis... Maybe I should sail my skiff back to NZ this summer?

English Channel would be the next as far as distance and challenge of sea state. Red Sea would be a fair stretch. However, I don't know the exact route, only the basic. So it depends on where they intend to land at the end of each leg and I can only imagine there maybe a couple of countries they might have to stay clear of, so there could be a sea leg that is quite long, even though land is close by. They simply can't land on it.

The Fuel tanks have been extended to give them ruffly 15hrs. 15hrs was considered two days of travel, so I guess they intend on ruffly 7hr days on the water. Speed will be determined by sea state. So not knowing there exact intentions, maybe they will stay in a Port till the sea is perfect for fast travel. That way they could clock up 700+ Nm/day for most legs. I also imagine they will be coastal hoping as much as they can.

The Tasman is the only one that would be a potential for a ruff crossing and dramatically slowing the speed. But if they chose the right weather window, and had a huge high with flat sea, there is no reason why they couldn't get across the pond in less than 15hrs. Which is quite amazing when you think about that. In fact, in the Middle of Summer, you could zip across the Tazzy in one day in Daylight all the way. Dang, maybe I need a faster boat :-)

Would the Ozzy Customs believe you it you said you'll be comming tomorrow on a Jet Ski, or would they need more warning :?: :?:

What :?: :think: :think: :think:

Can't you decide "now" to go and then advise them 10seconds later :?: How can that knot be enough warning :?: :?:

You didn't know yourself 30 seconds ago

Is there an opening in the JetSki market for asylum seekers trying to get into Oz :?:

If a few people were anti Ozzy, their customs people could be flodded, really flodded with jetski arrival intentions, updates and cancellations because of weather. I'm sure that their admin would crumble with over a million notices to arrive advices per day. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But if they chose the right weather window, and had a huge high with flat sea, there is no reason why they couldn't get across the pond in less than 15hrs. Which is quite amazing when you think about that. In fact, in the Middle of Summer, you could zip across the Tazzy in one day in Daylight all the way. Dang, maybe I need a faster boat :-)

Really?? That would have to be one hell of a jet ski, and one hell of a rider to maintain the speed for 15 hrs.. By my calculations they would have to average about 133km/hr....

Doh! sorry I meant to say that as Km not Nm.

Arrrr, it is about 1500Km across the Tas isn't it? oir is it further than that. I guess it also depends on where they leave Oz from too. But I would be looking at the shortest distance if it were me.

I dunno wheels, but I would have thought anything more than about 30kn would be hard to maintain for 25 hrs even with only a mild rolling swell. Dunno how many jet ski owners on this site who can correct me???

2152 km or 1337 miles or 1162 nautical miles Sydney-Auckland (assuming the internet knows where both of those places are today).

Forget Oz - if it turns out to be do-able, Fiji would be top of my list. 8)

At 30 kn you have to give them quite a bit of lead, otherwise you'll miss behind them. Don't forget to follow through and keep your head on the stock. :thumbup:

The shortest distance would be from the Port Macquarie to Coffs Harbour bit of coast to Nth Cape I would expect. 1000Nm plus or minus 50 odd. At 15kts, an achievable long distance cruise speed for the rider I would think, that would take 70 hours odd.

I'd be thinking Coffs to the Kaipara would be the shortest distance leaving and arriving in areas with some population. add another 100Nm's there abouts would be my guess going that way.

They would have to have support boats to carry fuel wouldn't they, not just for the tazzie if they wanted a crack at that. The jetskis they are using are bigger than my boat, they aren't small but frecking huge monsters. More ride-on rather than ride-in fizzies than what most would call jetskis.

I'd like to see a boat leave Sydney and get to the Waitamata by only covering 1162Nms :lol: Flying boats excluded ;)

Archived