ARC fees

SanFran

Got mine today.... First time after owning the mooring for 4 months. Do they always come out this time of year? $200 aint too bad for a swing mooring on Tamaki River... or is it? What do we get for our money anyways.... just the right to be there, or is there something more?

Once a year about now is correct.

Yeap, a couple of hundy is knot to bad really.

A bit of paper with a ARC logo on the top and the pleasure of sending them money but that's about it :)

To be fair all that money does go direct to the MAROPS (Marine Operations) Team rather than into some consolidated 4hr lunch fund so it is spent by the team looking after the AKL region waters. That does include mooring related issues, buoys and beacons (The Ports of Akl also do some of those), environment stuff and all the things that you have when you run a large amount of water. So it is one ARC rate I don't mind paying, actually it's the only one I don't mind paying as it's the only one I get anything for in return.

Got mine this AM as well.

A couple of hundred bucks annually to obtain the right to occupy public space, exclusively, full time!

Should be way more - compare it to say Westhaven which has been paid for many times over by its occupants, the Port Co, Council and the Govt. Couple of hundred only covers a week for most.

A couple of hundred bucks annually to obtain the right to occupy public space, exclusively, full time!

Should be way more - compare it to say Westhaven which has been paid for many times over by its occupants, the Port Co, Council and the Govt. Couple of hundred only covers a week for most.

except that the potential other uses and the benefits of mooring at the tip of Northcote (for example) just a half mile or so from Westhaven are somewhat different. So I think its actually probably a fair reflection. The minute somebody thinks its viable to build a 50 sty apartment complex on the same piece of water then the rules might change!

As for KM's comments about ARC rates - I happen to think they represent good value when you look at what that organisation provides. Its the council rates that get up my goat.

There are bugger all moorings in spots of much use for other things. A few spots but knot many.

Now most marinas do occupy nice areas. Up the marina rents I say :lol:

Opps, cancel that, I'm on a marina :?

Archived