• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Locationon the waters and else where

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:02 AM

Ketchup

Give them fair time to respond.

You possibly might be firing blanks from your pistol

They have perhaps it appears made a contradicting statement and needs to be clarified in addition to the boat show non appearance questions. Your argument could be correct depending on how they reply.

http://crew.org.nz/f...2260-boat-show/

If you enjoy shooting people for the fun on it to get your kicks on route 66 [ no disrespect Ketch ] join a small target shooting gun club and make sure your gun is licenced.

OC

©  2013 2014 2015

ADVANCING MULTIHULL SAILOR ORGANIZER NAVIGATOR.

OCEAN COMBINED CRUISER / RACER ADVANCING MEMBER.

#12 Guest_Ketchup_*

Guest_Ketchup_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:57 PM

Sorry rehab but I am not tolerant of organisations that take money from the meembers, the say they represent, then waste said money on rubbish " non productive" projects and then....

When challenged, on a forum like this, reply with worth less "corporate spin" and don't....

Answer the real questions.

But what is worse!... when the heat is on and the questions become challenging, they then "word" their response in order to " srop the converstion or get into specifics.

Rehab,they know the issues and could respond of the Cuff!... but that would mean dealing with the issues and putting some real effort in.

The replies from YNZ so far has been pathetic and reeks of mediocrity and a organisation not willing to do the right thing for the sport nationally.

Fancy having no representation at the boat show!... wow! takapuna, their big hope and saviour, is going to be/ must be awesome!....

#13 Hello

Hello

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:37 AM

Outside of Auckland?

I went through YNZ only to be put onto my local club (Gulf Harbour) and got no where. I was given a single telephone number and given the flick by Gulf Harbour, arrogant and snooty are two words that come to mind when I now think of yachting. I tried to contact the next club (Manly) no one got back to me. After waiting weeks for a reply, the only one I got was from the so called head coach who was long gone. So much for trying to learn how to sail and even get my family involved.
I did a course via Penny, which was great, but that was over 12 months ago. Now I fear that I have left it too long as I cannot get any experience or time on the water. I wanted to get my family involved as well but struggle to know where to turn to when even the clubs are not interested.

YNZ take note! I am speaking from a nubie who has no contacts, no 'clicky' insider rich buddies. No insider knowledge on the yachting scene. My two closets clubs are not interested in me, they are not interested in taking on my family and more importantly my son, who is their future. YNZ are only interested in their rich, snooty old school members. If YNZ was interested in promoting sailing, how is that I'm living in the biggest city in New Zealand surrounded by water and have spent the last eighteen months struggling to get out sailing. Why is it that the clubs are not interested? Why can't I get into this as a family? Why am I here even here writing this? When I should be involved in a positive, pro active organisation that is friendly, helpful and well organised. YNZ you are an embarrassment!

You may have the nice web page with all the bells and whistles, but this is just a front for a shambles. An organisation in deep trouble, one that has no interest in gaining new members (young or old). You tell me why I have been given the flick by two clubs? You explain to me why I can't go sailing in this city? And get my family involved?

I wait with such anticipation for you reply.

#14 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:04 AM

Hello, seems to me this is not an issue with YNZ, but with the specific clubs mentioned. What type of sailing do you wish to do? (Keelboat, dingy, racing, cruising etc) .
Many clubs have a learn to sail program.
If you are at or near Gulf Harbour, I'd be happy to take you and your family sailing sometime. I'm a member of Weiti Boating Club, not Gulf Harbour, but I have friends who are members there

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#15 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Locationon the waters and else where

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:15 AM

Island Time

HAS YNZ ever replied to this forum topic?

©  2013 2014 2015

ADVANCING MULTIHULL SAILOR ORGANIZER NAVIGATOR.

OCEAN COMBINED CRUISER / RACER ADVANCING MEMBER.

#16 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:52 PM

Several posts have been deleted on this thread, including posts from ynz (as they quoted the txt from the undesirable posts).
Posters have been warned to comply with site rules.
No personal attacks will be permitted. Please keep within the rules and the spirit of the site. If it doesn't benefit sailing, or you can't discuss matters like an adult, don't post.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#17 AJ Oliver

AJ Oliver

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:04 PM

Come on Kiwis, show you're better than us USAeans 

When has a situation ever improved for you because of your personal attacks? 

If you are going to be critical of someone, that's OK, but take some personal responsibility 

and post it under your own name. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users