Want to train or find crew?
Want to build your race skills?
Every summer RYC run the Victoria Friday Night Special Series to give people a chance to get out on the water and experience a taste of sailing.
However it's also a great opportunity for skippers to find new crew for their regular racing, meet new people or to use as a stepping stone into more serious racing.
Come and enjoy fun no extras racing around the cans on Friday nights, take out friends for a sail around the harbour and train existing and new crew members.
Free entry for boat owners who take a Friday Night Special crew member. Enter a single race or the series.
As well as our regular skippers who take Friday Special Crew these races also offer low key racing to those skippers who are new to racing and want to give it a go or would like to use the evening for crew training in a non-threatening race.
Join us back at the RYC club house for a drink or dinner and prize giving, followed by a short sailing seminar. These aim to give crew some idea of what is expected of them when they hop onto your boat.
Contact the Richmond Yacht Club for more details 09 376 4332 or visit richmondyc.org.nz
• Races start at 1830 hours with allocated crew on boat no later than 1800 hours, race time limit is 2030 hours
• No race fee for boats who take allocated Friday Special Crew - crew are rotated each race to experience different boats and skippers (you decide how many crew you are able to take). $20 race fee for those boats who don’t sail with allocated Friday Special Crew (good crew training series)
• Great social time at the club after racing with some great spot prizes
• Inner harbour courses
• Single start, mixed fleet with no extras
• No need to commit to the whole series
See our website for dates and more info - first race Friday 16 October.