Question regarding '92 era NZ yacht(s)

Hi

I am only 16, but wish I had been around to fully experience what I reckon was the 'golden era' of AmCup yachts - '88-'95. I have so many questions about the boats, what happened, etc etc etc!

My main query however, is a boat ID question. I know it was one of the New Zealand '92 boats, (NZL 10, 12, 14 or 20). Where they all originally painted red with white? Was NZL-20 the only one not to feature a sloping stern? And, my main question, what was up with the green livery that one of them (I don't know which....) wore for a while? I've seen an R/C boat painted like it, and I've seen ONE photo of it, taken during the '95 cup, where it is standing across the harbour from KZ-1. It has a sloping stern, so must be 10, 12 or 14. The livery comprises green hull, with red and yellow bit at the bow with 'xxxx New Zealand' (unsure of what xxxx is, could be 'team'), a white underside to the hull, and Enza, Toyota, Lotto, TVNZ, and Steinlager sponsorship.

I really hope you can help me identify this yacht, and possibly provide some more pics? Or places to look? Thanks

Also, ANY pics AT ALL of the '88 or '92 cups are greatly appreciated. PM me for my email address if that's easiest for you. I love the design of the yachts competing in those events so much.

Thankyou

Regards

Archived