Three of us wish to bring in two others to share in the purchase of a yacht for sailing in the Hauraki Gulf and Bay of Islands.  We have been sailing all our lives and owned numerous boats, but now live out of Auckland.  We have a budget around the $250,000 for the boat plus annual berthing and maintainence (although if we get two to share from Auckland we could offer the fun of haulout to the locals to save cost).

We are thinking of a crusing yacht rather than a racer.  As we are retired we would hope our fellow owners would be similar.     

• Upvote 1

Hi, 

I am a believer in the share concept ,a few years ago I purchased a 40 ft sailing cat with the idea of finding like minded sailors to sell a share or two.I found no takers and ended up selling the boat.Having looked around found a great concept " Even Keels ". I recommend you look at this concept . The only problem was it was based in Australia.

Go to www.photowords.com.au/evenkeels

The ground work for a working system has been done.

I am keen to be involved with this sort of shared boat and this type of boat [ cruising sailing cat ] 

Your thoughts ? 

regards BJS