#11 Battgirl

Battgirl

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationSnells Beach

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:07 AM

Come on guys Conrad needs another 15000 euros to get to the start line. A few of us have made pledges. I have no connection to Conrad just watched his previous efforts and want to see him do the Vendee. He's working really hard to get to the start line using his own limited resources and sponsors

#12 Adrianp

Adrianp

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationWesthaven

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

Bump!

I've just made a small donation too.

Formally Freeeeeeeeeedom but I'l sold my half of Freedom and currently looking for a new boat!

#13 smithy09

smithy09

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,595 posts
  • LocationMairangi Bay

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:45 PM

Plus one. Small contribution made. Go Conrad! I'd love to see him get a major sponsor as he has shown what he can do in the Class 40s. He's no slouch..

Want to make God laugh? Tell him your plans!.

#14 Battgirl

Battgirl

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationSnells Beach

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:01 AM

Conrad's now on his way to New York solo and has a blog on Conrad Colman ocean racing.
He also has 93% of his funding woohoo go Conrad

#15 Willow

Willow

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts
  • LocationTauranga

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

Awesome nearly there.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

#16 smithy09

smithy09

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,595 posts
  • LocationMairangi Bay

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:17 PM

Over 100% now, and made it to New York. Some kid this guy..

#17 Huey

Huey

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:04 AM

THURSDAY 9 JUNE

“If something’s worth doing once, its worth doing twice, thrice, ad infinitum. Thats the lesson of the day as squalls and marrauding rain clouds turned the once stable wind from the NE into a squirrelly mess. Changing between the big jib in upwind mode, to reaching mode and back, followed by hoisting the big gennaker, almost gybing and then deciding not to as the wind shifted again. It’s been non-stop this morning.

The most frustrating moment was after deciding to gybe when the wind was almost from the south and then moving all the sails from one side to the other in preparation of the maneuver, only to find that the wind had shifted 60 degrees in the time it took and now I had to push them all back the other way, only this time fighting gravity. To give you a visual image of what this entails, imagine wresting an aligator in a slippery black hole, in the dark, on a roller coaster and you’ll have a pretty good idea of what my morning looked like. Ah the diverse joys of sailing, having to go all Indiana Jones before the first cup of coffee!

Reptile wrestling aside, its a beautiful sunny day now the rain has gone and its a pleasure to be out here. The  ocean’s blue is back after days of grey streaked with white”

#18 Battgirl

Battgirl

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationSnells Beach

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

RNZYS 6pm Friday 19 May Conrad is guest speaker at a fundraising dinner for the Youth America's Cup team. Tickets are $70 each from Stevie at reception Ph 360 6800

#19 Addem

Addem

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationTauranga

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

Very tempting. He seems to be so eloquent and will have lots if interesting stories (and one would hope footage) to share. I am in aAckland on the Thursday. I wonder if I can convince the boss that I need to stay there for Friday too.

#20 smithy09

smithy09

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,595 posts
  • LocationMairangi Bay

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

Wish I could make it! Stuck offshore Aussie..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users