“If we don’t change our direction, we will end up where we are headed.”

#12 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

I see the choice as the same as having to choose between being stabbed in the eye or being stabbed in the eye.

But I do think Trump will tell you it's about to happen where Clinton will be smiling to you face and telling you everything is fine as she gets someone else to sneak up behind you with the blade.

#13 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,890 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:58 AM

Maybe stabbed in the eye from the front and stabbed in the eye through the back of the head ? ;-)

#14 darkside

darkside

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:51 AM

Excellent advice here from Ireland to America about getting into bad relationships:

https://web.facebook...00330343316826/

#15 AJ Oliver

AJ Oliver

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for the good advice, Ireland. Just what we need. 

The US Republican party, by pushing anti-intellectual hysteria for such a long time now has reaped what they have sown.

Watch out for hate radio - that is what started it, and what drives it here.

And I'd note that a parliamentary system, where the party controls who runs under its banner, has better protection against demagogues.  

#16 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:31 AM

Is the anti Trump thing more being driven by 'the establishment' or something else?

It seems he is rocking a boat and its a boat it seems many on the street want rocked.

I'm wondering how much of the angst is the establishment going into full self protection mode. Similar to what we see here when someone questions things like MP's Pay, they all suddenly get defensive and work together to shut the chat down i.e lets go hard to protect the establishment we have manipulated into a cosy spot just for us 'special people'.

I was under the impression a USA Pressie can't do feck all unless other parts of the system OK it as well. Wouldn't that stop any extremes of Trumps?

I can't get my head around the whole  - how well he's doing combined with the forces lining up against him most of which look to be in self defence mode combined with the dodgy as sin history the recent ruling elite have, Clinton being in the heart of that. A lady I heard refered to the other day as 'the most dangerous women alive in the Western world'.

If nothing else it is funny watching it all. I like the ugly dude against Trump, the one who did some ad saying do you really want this very hot chick as your First lady. After seeing his wife, Hell yes gimme the hot chick all day long, not your woof sorry dude. I'm knot to sure what he hope to achieve with that ad bar maybe a shag from his Woof when he got home :)

#17 erice

erice

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

like any political system

there are HUGE contradictions within the system

think the president is commander in chief of their army, navy, air force

so if he ignored congress, declared war on cuba

sent troops in on trumped up charges

the troops wouldn't know what to do

if their immediate superiors defied the president

mp's would be duty bound to arrest them

if their troops resisted the arrest it would be a mutiny and more troops would be brought in

etc etc on the way to a civil war

(over the last few years soldiers have been discharged without pensions for sharing on facebook that the wouldn't comply with orders from obama)

http://usnews.nbcnew...discharged?lite

heads of the CIA doubt the military would ignore the geneva convention for him

Trump has also said on multiple occasions that the United States should kill the family members of terrorists.

"That will make people think. Because they do not care very much about their lives, but they do care, believe it or not, about their family's lives," Trump said during a debate of Republican presidential candidates in December.

Politifact has pointed out that targeting terrorists' family members is barred by the Geneva Conventions.

http://www.stuff.co....ders-if-elected

probably nothing that serious would happen

perhaps just  shooting up the mexican military if they disagreed about where his wall went?

or beating up republicans at anti-abortion protests 

whatever

it's gifting the presidency to hillary

as most responsible republicans will just stay home on voting day

after bush 

they don't want any more blood on their hands

idiots already talking mutiny if the president does his job and appoints a new supreme court judge

http://www.newsfoxes...cotus-disaster/

it's not me

it's the shiraz saying sh!t

#18 AJ Oliver

AJ Oliver

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

Actually, modern US presidents have acquired a great deal of power - over, for example, the SEC and other regulatory agencies, cabinet offices, and more. 

And since Dubya got away with using a good dash of hysteria, along with blatant & transparent lies, to drag the country into a disastrous war . . the next Prez will have that power as well.

And Bush and Obama have also established the right of the Executive to detain forever, torture and/or kill anyone on the planet with ZERO judicial proceedings. 

The next US President will have those powers too.  

As a Vietnam Vet, I have no confidence whatsoever that the US military or intelligence branches will disobey illegal orders. They have been issued illegal orders for the past 50 years or more, and have always saluted smartly and "followed orders." 

I wish I could give you better news . .      Very Sorry. 

#19 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:26 PM

That's both interesting and a tad scary AJ.

I also have little doubt the rules the US management say everyone has to abide by or be bombed etc, includes everyone but themselves. Mind you that's hardly exclusive to the US and from what I see pretty much Politics 101.

I'm just trying to work out why such hatred, worldwide, for Trump. Sure he's loud and in your face with some dumb sh*t but isn't he just saying what politicians want to but don't have the balls to actually open their gob and let it pour out? There is no way Clinton, or any of the rest, as as angelic as they are trying to portray themselves. Which is probably one reason Trump has some of his supporters, they also know your std politician is just diarrhoea on legs and have had enough. There are signs popping up everywhere, NZ included, that suggest much of the world is getting over politicians and their selfish games. but surely that can't be the sole reason Trump is getting the support he is... is it?

#20 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:43 PM

Without a lot of thought how about his stated policy of committing war crimes
“If we don’t change our direction, we will end up where we are headed.”

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users