1180 replies to this topic

#21 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,878 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:54 PM

And to add to the comment that was condoning a war crime, he has been called out of many instances of blatant lies. He replies by either shrugging his shoulders, side stepping, or telling yet another lie denying the first.
Thing is, he hasn't a hope of doing half the things he has said he would. He is saying words that tickle the ears of those that want to hear that kind of stuff. As John Key said, "Do you really think Trump could build a Wall and get Mexico to pay for it? I don't think so."

#22 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:28 PM

Without a lot of thought how about his stated policy of committing war crimes

You mean you don't like him saying out loud he will continue to do what every modern age US president has already done and is still doing today.

And to add to the comment that was condoning a war crime, he has been called out of many instances of blatant lies. He replies by either shrugging his shoulders, side stepping, or telling yet another lie denying the first.
Thing is, he hasn't a hope of doing half the things he has said he would. He is saying words that tickle the ears of those that want to hear that kind of stuff. As John Key said, "Do you really think Trump could build a Wall and get Mexico to pay for it? I don't think so."

That's absolutely right he hasn't. NZ's example would be Winny. How many deep water Ports and trains did he promise Northland while on the election trail? How many did you realistically think he'll deliver?

Smoke, mirrors, duck n weave - again just standard election trails stuff worldwide, hardly new nor exclusive to Trump.

Some reasons but nothing exclusively Trump nor any US Pressy candidate nor most of them being even exclusively US. In fact both post could be describing Clinton or the dude who thinks his missus photos up hotter the the Dons.

#23 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,878 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:56 PM

Kind along these lines I expect.
One of my all time favorite adds.

#24 erice

erice

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:25 PM

trump supporter?

the whole group 

with a poor understanding

of guns, petrol, explosives + metal

what's the chance

they vote wisely?

it's not me

it's the shiraz saying sh!t

#25 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,878 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:51 AM

Heeeeey, I ain't no Trump supporter ;-)
The guy in the above Vid was one of the following.
Just unlucky,

Was a poor shot,

Didn't stand far enough back,

All of the above.
Someone on my FB page posted this Vid and asked the question Why? Simply I replied, It's a lawn mower and packed full of explosive and you have a rifle. :roll: ;-)

#26 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:00 PM

Chatting with one of my Profs and he reckons many punters who appear to hate Trump are actually having internal struggles with him saying out loud what they know happens but don't want to know happens in their name by their countries leaders. Basically a case of they want to live in ignorance (or at least pretend to) of some of the stuff Trump is saying he may do and with him saying it out loud they can't do that which is causing some angst. A simple case of the punters not being able to and/or not wanting to handle the truth. That makes sense when you see the same thing happening here each election....... and often in between with the punters often not wanting to believe reality nor have their beliefs, no matter how misplaced or simply wrong they are, challenged. There's even a post or two in this thread that would suggest the Prof maybe onto something.

Another suggested reason by the boss of a large multi national advertising mob is simply the marketing efforts against Trump are very intensive, very well funded and working.  As the marketing machines of the world are way more powerful than most give them credit for I can see where the dude is coming from.

It interesting stuff and far better watching than Shorty Street................. (if its still going)

#27 erice

erice

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:15 PM

ouch!

when it's from your own team

A senior strategist for Donald Trump's campaign, Stephanie Cegielski, has resigned in disgust, saying the campaign is "poised to do irreparable damage to this country".

Cegielski resigned in disgust over Trump's tweet in response to the Easter weekend bombings in Lahore.

"Another radical Islamic attack, this time in Pakistan, targeting Christian women & children.

At least 67 dead,400 injured.

I alone can solve," Trump tweeted.

She asks readers to take a moment to appreciate the "ridiculous, cartoonish, almost childish arrogance" of saying that he alone can solve the problem.

"This is not how foreign policy works. For anyone. Ever." Cegielski writes.

Trump is an "intelligent, charismatic man" with an admirable ability to ignore briefing notes and speak off-the-cuff.

"But saying this qualifies him to be president is like saying that Seth Rogen is suited to be president," Cegielski writes.

"It makes him an extraordinary improviser, not an extraordinary presidential candidate."

Most frightening of all is that "the man does not know policy, nor does he have the humility to admit what he does not know", she says. According to Cegielski,

Trump made no effort to come to grips with issues of substance in the campaign.

http://www.stuff.co....-in-open-letter

it's not me

it's the shiraz saying sh!t

#28 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:52 PM

sums it up

Attached Files

“If we don’t change our direction, we will end up where we are headed.”

#29 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,878 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:36 PM

I think trump summed up his stupidity when he said, I can fix ISIS. I'll Nuke them. He obviously doesn't understand the implications to all the other countries caused by dropping a Nuke in the middle of them all.

#30 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:16 AM

I think KM is wrong suggesting he is "just saying what others are thinking". And if that is true then I despair for the future of this planet and the humans who reside here.

However I must admit I was gobsmacked when our own dear leader appeared on national TV and explained to all us silly people how easy it is to lie during a campaign then later twist your words and do the exact opposite, and get away with it. Thanks John - I'll never believe another word you say.

“If we don’t change our direction, we will end up where we are headed.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users