need someone that knows how two sail two please help

Guest shane

Slight side track with the Topic.
Shane, so you are not afraid of a bit of hard work? You want to start gaining experience in the field of Boating, especially Sailing? Here's a thought.
Contact Knot Me here on crew. Do it by PM (private email). Just find a post by him, and click on his name and find the "send message" tab. KM has been looking for a Lad. You do not have to be Einstein, he just wants someone that is keen. You would be among a bunch of some of the most experienced Boating people you would ever meet and you would learn Rope and Chain skills, that quite frankly, apart from knowing which way to point a tiller and sheet a sail, is the most important bunch of skills on a Boat.
You would earn some much needed money. Learn some much needed Skills. Be around some much needed Talent. Sadly none of it is looks ;-)
For you, getting to his workplace would be fairly easy even. You could moor your boat anywhere along the Upper Harbour/River area from Beach Haven on down. Then you have a choice of Bus or Bike about 10mins to the Workshop.
The Dogs are going to be a problem. In fact, are you looking after them properly now? Are you looking after yourself properly? You can't leave them on the Boat. That is unfair to them and they need exercise. You can't take them to a Work place. How are you supporting yourself with no job? You can't be on a Social Support Benefit because you have no address. Mate, I am really concerned about you. This is starting to sound like a Homeless Situation sleeping under the shelter of a Cabin top rather than a bridge.
I think you need some help and I think you are faced with a couple of hard decisions.
The romantic idea of living for nothing on a Sailboat is not possible. They cost money. The longer you defer costs, the more expensive they become. A really big problem with sailing down the Coast is that you are going to end up being forced out of the water for cleaning and Anti-foul because of the Fan Worm.

Rang Shane today,yep seems to have the gear,flares vhf anchors charts etc,not much sailing experience mainly powerboats,

asked what the interest is in the Barrier,somewhere to go?suggested to maybe come back to Ak side of firth,find a job and get boat to where he wants it and look at going north,suggested offshore breeze easy enough to get to Whangarei and then leap frog to boi,suggested to check out site as there maybe a contact for him in the work department. asked about funds and did not get a answer so maybe on benefit?seems he just wants to do his thing?suggested going for a sail but being in Thames very tidal which may mean overnight,thought about suggesting Coromandel as all tide but do I need to drive that far. Really wants someone to teach him to sail to windward as when he goes about boat veers off in a circle,suggested to go out on quiet day and practise,it will come to him just how far to push tiller over.Probably not a lot more can be done unless he ventures this side and I can meet up with him.

• Upvote 1
Guest shane

Hi Im on no benefit. I just don't eat much and don't need much two enjoy life and live. My dogs away have food the best food. I go into Facebook pages and get donations Off food beding and clos two where. Its not easy but its ok. I'm sailing down south down the east coast that's my plan slowly over This summer comeing. :)

"Need" probably a bit too strong

Pics help people help you

A pic of your boat might help us help you sail up wind, how tight is the front wire?.....do the ropes on the front sail go to the right place etc

And who doesn't love some salty old sea dog pics

Does your crew share a bed with them. Or do they live outside?

Shane as you have stated,no job no money?how do you get away with not paying berthage at the Thames wharf?starting to wonder about your motives,living the dream etc, 

http://www.tcdc.govt.nz/Our-Services/Boat-Ramps-Harbours-and-Wharfs/Wharfs-and-Moorings

Guest shane

Most places let me stay for free. Some I can't afford two pay so I just don't. But this part off the wharf that the boats on is not owned my the council.

Guest shane

I'm fine I get by its so hard it times but I have lots off people helping me and dogs with food. And gear we need. Someone might be giving a life RAF two us soon. :)

I just cleaned the bottom on a boat ramp

Dude, don't get caught doing that. It is illegal.

And another thing you need to be really careful about. You cannot land on many places, if any, with Dogs.

If someone is going to give you a liferaft, chances are it is not worth having. It will be out of date and will need servicing, which you can not afford. It will take up too much deck space. You are better off having a decent dinghy.

Where exactly do you want to end up? You say "head south". But where?? What is wrong with staying where you are? Or what is wrong with Auckland??

Are you not interested in any work at all??

Guest Crew.orgy

Well said wheels.

Shane please take on board some sage advice.

It's great to explore nzs coast, but do not jump into it.

Sailing south of Auckland and the gulf is a lot different than pottering around the gulfs relatively sheltered waters.

Once you have mastered your boat and the sea then you will not be a slave to neither.

I dig your tenacity but sometimes youth and exuberance is no match for experience and skill.

Part of the fun of what your doing is being able to ensure you are seaworthy. Take it from me you are not ready to Sail out of the confines of the gulfs islands. ... and why ruin all your hard work and future travelling with a disaster now!

One minor breakage of the coast, in a big seas, and a big breeze could be the end.