Whale MKV spares

Burnsco taking the piss?  $150 (well $149.99) for a spares kit for a Whale MKV pump.  On line at Force4, GBP29.85, which works out to $56.04

Can someone justify that?

I don't think BLA sell direct to the Public, but correct me if I am wrong. 
They are the importer.distributor of many brands. Their prices on the Whale pump spares are not cheap either and they make a middle man in between the middle man. There prices are listed on their site.

Dtwo, Cheeky, I know! can you ask her to bring two?

Too late!  I should have asked for a container load.

This is a retail price from a "High Street" company.  It isn't a special or a wholesaler or anything like that - you can walk into one of their shops and pay 1/3 of what we pay here.  I can "freight" it here - retail - and still pay 1/3 of what it is sold for here.  I could pay GST on this without trouble.

I just think that is short-sighted from Burnsco - and other NZ retailers who sell us marine gear at unrealistic prices.  I would be happy to pay $70 for this, giving them 50% more than the UK retailer.  It's a global market, like it or not, if you can't make it work sadly the market wins and you are out of business.

I just tried to order a couple of kits from Force 4 only for (Kiwibank Mastercard) to refuse the transaction as they deem Force 4 not to be reliable to deal with?? they've been in Business since 1977. I have had the same result (from the bank) when trying to buy from Walmart in the US. (BNZ Visa) Has anybody else come up against this??

I just tried to order a couple of kits from Force 4 only for (Kiwibank Mastercard) to refuse the transaction as they deem Force 4 not to be reliable to deal with?? they've been in Business since 1977. I have had the same result (from the bank) when trying to buy from Walmart in the US. (BNZ Visa) Has anybody else come up against this??

Steve, email pip.johnstone@force4.co.uk  He is the manager at the Swanwick branch.  Explain that your card is not working and ask what to do/who to talk to.  Happy to say that I recommended him (Dean Wallis).

Thanks Dean, I did email them as they probably weren't aware that they were being blocked, I have since got it done with paypal, using the same Kiwi Banks Mastercard??  So far it seems to have gone through without a hitch. NZD125.00 app. including airfreight for 2 kits.