What anti fouling to use

Wheels said: 

BUT PLEASE NOTE: If the boat is sitting, the Hull will get dirty. DO NOT expect the surface to remain clean. It ONLY CLEANS when the boat is underway. If you want clean while sitting in the Marina, then the only other type is self ablatives.

This has been our experience as well.  But, I would caution that we have found that when there is silt in the water, that in turn settles on the hull like a tan slime layer' then nothing really works.  A self ablative won't properly erode/dissolve away if it gets a coating over it.  Unfortunately in Parua Bay this is what we live with and a self-ablative's price premium becomes a waste of money.

Beccara said:

We get a decent brackish water flow with the river but fouling really took off in the past 4 months with barnacle growth that's solid to the hull and not moving away without a scraper.

We are in Parua Bay and have had the same barnacle growth in the last 10 weeks along the waterline on the Port side (normally the shady side and away from the sun but also the side exposed to the incoming current (food, larvae)).  The prior clean (mid-May) had silt/slime but no fresh barnacles.  The latest clean (a week ago) had a solid layer of 2-3mm barnacles in the 50-80mm closest to the waterline.   Our Sea Barrier-4000 ( 2-3 coats, blue) is 2 years old now and getting ready to be repainted in the next couple of months.  We give the boat a carpet wipe every 3-4 weeks during the warmer water months and now the water is cooler every 8-12 weeks. While that is a pain in the backside it is the best option as the combination of silting up and our slow speed (sail 6k, motor 5k) means neither soft paints or self-ablatives can perform as designed.

Well hauled out today and may just stick with what we know, It was much less than i thought - we were covered in barnacles however they weren't attached very hard and were fairly small

20771973_10155612892664931_576893624_o.j

I hauled yesterday, same type of barnacle with quite a few goodly sized oysters as well, All on a bed of trilux with a garnish of slime tendrils.

I headed off home as the rain squalls precluded any chance of getting work underway. good to see Norsands cat trailer at work.