Takapuna campground and YNZ

got to keep some of the shores icons. Mon desire gone,masonic hotel gone The esplanade gone,oh yes the most important one.The velvet touch gone/use to be up in the arcade along from the mon desire.

What is this, a cardigan and sandal wearing convention? Campgrounds should be out in the sticks, I'd rather have a sailing centre. 

Thankfully, MB, you are in the minority on the North Shore. Even Jim Young supports the Camp Ground. YNZ should have stuck with the original plan and built above the beach. Everyone would have been happy. With luck, even the monstrosity of a playground may not have been built.

Taka camp ground.png

Since this has come up again I'll put in my two bob's worth.  

This was never ever intended to be  a YNZ   exclusive facility, it was always to be a shared public facility, YNZ   30 % tenant courtesy of the 30% funding supplied on it's behalf by Sports NZ.  The rest of the space paid for by NZ Community  Trust and the Council was for a broad range of Community groups.  

Documents  obtained by under the OIA  by the same gentleman who referred this grubby Harbour Access Trust / YNZ conduct to  the Auditor General  and the SFO revealed that the Council had pulled its funding some 3 years ago  as it was unable to fund a facility with so little community benefit as the transformed plan to be a private YNZ  facility

Similarly NZ Community  Trust had pulled its funding over  2 years ago,  Mike Knee the CEO of this body called me personally to  advise.

YNZ  and the nobodies on the Harbour Access Trust tried very hard to  subvert funding  for a great public facility to their own end and in doing so  destroyed it. Those involved from these  two bodies should hang their head in  shame.

If any of you  doubt this account please ring Mike Knee at  NZCT or Mike Cohen at the Devonport Takapuna Local  Board, who will erase those doubts.  

This was a grubby sordid affair lead by he who is short of stature and a bunch  of grubby nobodies.