2016 Rum race

I think Waterworld would be kind of hard to do without a lot of effort into making costumes etc??

Steampunk, whats that?

What about "The Golden Days of Sail"??

Who's planning on coming this year?

The Sun Fast will be there. Maybe just choose a letter of the alphabet and that leaves it pretty open. It needs to be easy and open enough so that people can really run with it.

This was our dress up for it a few years back when it was a 'T' theme. We were terrorists (very bad taste i know but it was pretty entertaining and a very large night).

2013-12-20 17.43.55-1.jpg

it was pretty entertaining and a very large night).

My sister just knows Booboo as "the large drunk terrorist who fell on her at Richmond" :-D

Yeah. A letter of the alphabet simplifies things.

Steampunk is a subgenre of science fiction or science fantasy that incorporates technology and aesthetic designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery. (Wikipedia definition).

Or, in sailing terms, it's kinda like the attire worn in Waterworld. Which I think would look pretty awesome in the clubhouse later!

Euphoria may be there, It kinda depends on my workload. I may just offer it to some mates for the night, the course won't be going the southern side of bean rock will it?  :oops: 

Maybe pick a decade - eg 60's or 70's? 

Or do another letter one like T as done previously - it gives a lot of latitude to come up with something original (and not to costly) plus you're guaranteed to have a big variety of costumes - which is always a laugh.

Or pick a colour as a theme?

Xmas theme?

Music?

Wild West?

Olympics - come dressed in your fav sport costume?

Dress as a Beatles song (Yellow sub, Walrus, Eleanor Rigby etc)