Weiti Short Handed Series Programme

Fish

what a pile of sh*t race. every single leg was upwind, hard on the wind and the boats 300m behind us heading the exact same way were running square with kites up. neck and neck with another yacht, both on the same heading, we were on starboard tack and they were on port. huey was a total c**t today. half the race there was absolutely no wind at all. the only saving grace was cold beer and beating KM's little rat by 7 places

the only saving grace was cold beer and beating KM's little rat by 7 places

Young dumb and overly cocky, it's the best way to have your competitors :lol:

Damn pleased to see the race was a shitter wind wise. I was at the wedding all pimped out in my uncomfortable hot No 1 stepping out gear, the sun was out and the trees showing a nice 7-10kt breeze. I wasn't at all happy thinking I was there and the race was on in conditions like that. I go over that a bit later when a few of us wangled our way into big flash do where a new lingerie line was being launched. Talk about firm and perkys flying around everywhere, magnificent viewing :thumbup: A long day and longer liquid fuelled night so I'm off for a well needed nana nap now.

Yep, I sure was glad to be on the committee boat. Although you wanna try laying an olympic course when the wind moves 40 degrees every time you lay a buoy. In the end it made no difference cos the wind did a big almighty 180 about half an hour after the start. KM if you think back to that single handed last season only it was worse then you'll understand.

And of course we all know now that the Reptile being late to the start has nothing to do with the owner as it appears that it doesn't matter who is on it - it arrives late! 10 minutes late for the start on top of a 20 start minute delay!

And of course we all know now that the Reptile being late to the start has nothing to do with the owner as it appears that it doesn't matter who is on it - it arrives late! 10 minutes late for the start on top of a 20 start minute delay!

Just by the south end of Long Bay is a rip in the fabric of time and space, causing a variable time distortion. Most think the tall yellow markers off Long Bay are for a Marine Reserve.... Wrong.... they are actually transmitters.

I have heard they were put there by the little known and very secretive 'Dark Operations' Committee of the WBC (made up of crew members possibly off a highly tweaked R830, a red Colson, a Y88 Rep and one or 2 other boats). Rumours have it on the night of the full moon when there is total cloud cover members of this committee have been seen dancing around a fire in the WBC carpark while in a highly intoxicated state chanting 'Death to all the yellow buoy invested ditch dwellers'. I've also heard they have been grooming innocent (yeah right) schoolies for introduction into their dastardly and devious coven. My source says they are all stark bolliky naked as this happens but I'm trying very very hard to flush that bit from my mind. While that may knot explain the lateness to R5 last series, that was purely quite a spectacular Grade A1 Cock-Up, we now have a greater understanding of the Dark Forces of Evil we must battle in our quest to retain the silverware :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still 5 more to go Darth Harkin ;)

You know about the WBC DoT? (Dark Op's Team) :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nope, never heard a thing, don't know what you're talking about, someone must have stolen my log-in, blame it on the Solar Flares.

And I'm sticking to that story Mr Exulted Grand BooBaa :lol:

Sucking up to the handicapper will get you nowhere, I thought you knew that?
With the size of our H/c I doubt I have enuff money :lol: :lol:

When is R2?

Correct, to lazy to look it up myself.

Come on KM you know the old handicappers mantra - you never win twice! :lol: :shock: :lol: And you can't blame me for wanting to win cos I ain't racin! (I do have a deal with da Bump for half of his rum winnings but shhhh don't tell anyone!) :lol:

Come on KM you know the old handicappers mantra - you never win twice! :lol: :shock: :lol: And you can't blame me for wanting to win cos I ain't racin! (I do have a deal with da Bump for half of his rum winnings but shhhh don't tell anyone!) :lol:

Eeerrr - do we?? I think you would be fightn my better half for her portion!! A brave man who comes between her and her share of the rum....!!

All the same - new rig looks good and lookn forward to a decent race with wind!!!!!

Archived