6 replies to this topic

#1 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,534 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

The most common question asked of FC owners and by FC owners. Does anyone know of a company that will insure our Boat.
Well for the Kiwi FC owners, i have a possible company to try. I was talking to someone the other day about insurance and he replied that he had no trouble insuring his boat. I asked him who he approached and his reply was FMG. He said the premium was reasonable and they were happy to insure him. So that may be a possible company to try.

#2 too_tall

too_tall

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

FMG? Really? I insure the farming business through them and their idea of an insurance quote for a glass yacht was nothing useful at all. And nothing short of daylight robbery.

We used to be with Aon, and the insurance for the yacht added around $200 to the annual premium - less than .5%. When we moved the business insurance to FMG the yacht very rapidly was a big sticking point and we now insure it separately via a different company ( who, incidentally, wont insure FC )

#3 John B

John B

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts
  • LocationAkl

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:15 PM

on another board...

Just heard back from the broker. Apparently there is no one within Australia willing to touch ferro. Not even 3rd party. WTF... she said she has heard of ferro owners getting insurance through a Spanish broker. I will try that when home tonight 
thanks chris

#4 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,534 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:28 AM

I wish someone in the Insurance industry would understand that Ferro is not the issue it used to be 40 yrs ago. I wish they could take that back to their underwriters and consider that with no other underwriter in the World offering a service, they would actually gain a number of new policy holders World wide. There are thousands of Ferro owners wanting insurance.

#5 John B

John B

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts
  • LocationAkl

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

Update. He has it insured by youi because he will have it in a marina , not a mooring. There you go.

#6 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,534 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:37 PM

Youi, yikes. I wonder what his policy costs, what his excess is and what the policy covers him for. They do not have a good reputation

#7 John B

John B

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts
  • LocationAkl

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

I saw that and thought ' compliance fee', cos the cover ain't worth much. In my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users