Coromandel Town - easy access?

I have changed nothing since last time I managed to actually post a pic and only had this happen while away cruising and I wanted to post a pic from the iPad - funnily enough a picture of Coromandel - it didn't work and i just thought it was the iPads fault. 

Took the Tracker (fin keel version) up to the ramp by the bridge about 25 years ago and made it ok without touching, don't know if it has shallowed much since then. Hardest job was getting the girls out of the shops ended up going out on a falling tide about 45 minutes later than expected shitting myself all the way but no dramas.The Tracker's draft was 4 ft 8 inches.

Knowing what I know now I would have left the girls there and made them walk back to the wharf. Also took the Tracker through the narrow Wanganui Island passage  about 45 mins before high water.

We anchor normally off the caretakers place at wanganui island(small boat passage) good holding in sw,we go across pasage and ring taxi if weather not good,otherwise motor dinghy across and yep hm is a twat.name on dinghy and l/j

Anchored at long bay and walked to town (3lm about 30 mins with kids in tow)  then walked to the driving creek train (40 min walk) ,  did train and walked to town...    got a taxi to long bay to avoid a meltdown...   $15 from the admiral hotel.

Anchorage was good,  moved across to an outside island to shelter from a reasonable breeze Friday night, then onwards to Te kuma.

Matt - I've had the same issues as VB trying to upload pics.  Tried different file sizes etc.  It's extremely frustrating when you've got a beer in one hand, tiller between your toes, traveller between your teeth trying to post.

I thought it was about right. We did TAURANGA -whangamata on friday evening. Ready for the return race in Saturday. Expected and got a 15-20 knot westerly. Turned SW later and moderated overnight. We had to anchor off the beach and were glad of the forecast being right