#11 southernman

southernman

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationnelson

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:45 PM

Keen as to go via Ninerva Reef on the way let's do it!  

#12 Magique

Magique

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

OPEN LETTER

TO : Kerikeri-Vava’u Race Committee and Yachting NZ

I would ask please that you reconsider the cancellation of the Kerikeri-Vava’u Race.

If the committee has actually contacted the owners of 19 yachts listed on the web site that have shown interest and the majority have declined then I agree that you would have insufficient entries.  However, the Notice of Race has the entry cut of date as 7 April, two months away, so how does the committee actually know you have insufficient entries?  What number of entries do you define as sufficient?

I expect that many yacht owners like me have spent considerable sums of money and time in preparation and their crew have organized time off and to be on courses to meet Cat 1 and NOR requirements.  All I actually expected from the organizing committee was perhaps a social event at the start and end of the race, monitoring and results and possibly some help with CIQ, albeit I have all that covered already.

The Kerikeri Cruising Club took on the commitment to host the only YNZ offshore race in 2017.  To cancel the race at this stage removes from NZ yachties this great opportunity for the whole year.  If the level of entries is the real concern, then why not contact the yachts and even bring forward the entry close date to firm the numbers up?  Perhaps spend more time raising the profile through various media such as YNZ and other club and yachting organization newsletters?

I have offered before and again I offer any help I may be able to provide.

Thank you for considering this.

Dave Saggs

#13 MarkMT

MarkMT

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationLake Zurich, Illinois

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:35 PM

Hope you get a response.

#14 mattkerr

mattkerr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:09 PM

We are in the same boat as others, we have spent a lot time and money getting Satellite Spy ready for the race. The crew had all been arranging time off etc etc and then to have it canned without even a phone call to discuss is absolutely ridiculous and difficult for us to comprehend.  

#15 Rangi1

Rangi1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationBay of Islands

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

Calling Beau to the red phone......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users