72 replies to this topic

#71 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Getting harder

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:25 AM

I may fit a jetboil type for the long trips, well see, but they are sh*t when cruising.

Had the gas bottle set up (as pictured above) running for 150mins continuous at all valves wide open. Used 380 grams of LPG which is 150 grams an hour. Purred like a kitten with zero signs of anything nasty even when walking past and giving it a shake up each time. The regulator condensated up reasonably fast and when I turned it off there was ice on it, not huge but definitely there. I kept the regulator upwards all the time, as shown in the photo, no idea if that had any influence but that is how they would be fitted in the boat.

So I am now going to work on the following -

Laying the bottles down is fine so the gas locker will now be finished allowing for 2 on there side.

The bottles will be installed with the valves pointing to the bow. Mainly a ease of use thing.

I can work on 150gr hour consumption rate as that is a pretty wide open burner so not an economical one I'm thinking.

I'd like to know how much gas I can get out and it seems like I have another potential 11 hours of full speed running if it can use it all. The quest will continue today.

Boatie should be ready to finish the internal painting late this arvo.... getting a little excited....

#72 Winter

Winter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:10 PM

I kept the regulator upwards all the time, as shown in the photo, no idea if that had any influence but that is how they would be fitted in the boat.

Might pay to test this just to be safe - on the chance that if it is not you that is fitting the bottle back to the boat they may not know to keep the reg facing up. 

#73 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Getting harder

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted Today, 07:51 AM

Good thinking Winter...but space is tight and there is only one way they will fit in the locker when connected.

Another 195 minutes of burning yesterday.

So to date we have had it running on it's side with some random shacking for 5 hrs 45 minutes. Nothing seen that is even slightly spooky. Reg iced up again when I turned it off yesterday, again easily noticeable by not near anything critical in mass.

Used to date 1.02kg which means it's burning 177 grams an hour.

In theory there is 5 hours left in the bottle.

It continues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users