#91 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,249 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

Haha.
One of the reasons why I don't go to a Church Building anymore. I see far too much waste if money going into the latest flashy design of a building, the upkeep and maintenance, they want of decorating every few years and I can go n and on, all while those that need help that the Church is supposed to be there for, don't get it.
But that is taking this off topic so I will stop my rant.

I was talking to a mate about Housing this morning and was toing and froing some stories and we came to the conclusion that.......(and I am repeating some of my own previous comments,
1: Councils should not be Land speculators and should not be going for the best market rate on land. They need to make land affordable for the normal person.
2: Something needs to happen re the monopoly Fletchers has with the importation of building products. The price of Building products is waaaay above what is paid over seas.
3: A lot of the Red Tape from Councils needs to go. A qualified builder should be able to make certain decisions himself, without the need for Engineer or Council stamp duty. For instance, putting a Solar unit on a Roof should not need an Engineers report. A Builder should be able to out his head up into the roof space and say, yep that will hold it, or no, I need to put a brace there.
Councils have all say and no comeback, so why should they charge for what is basically a piece of paper. if the roof comes down, then the Builder should be responsible. Of which he usually us anyway, because Council hides behind desk saying, hey, not our responsibility.
4: Other forms of alternative Housing materials need to be allowed to be obtained and used far more freely. We have had years of building Houses from Earth, Straw and other materials now. There should be no need for the enormously expensive red tape involved when wanting to use these materials.

#92 SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,161 posts
  • LocationPatumahoe

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

I hear Fletcher Building could be on the block.

"With age comes wisdom .... and with wisdom comes the knowing when to avoid perfection!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users