Tourist jet boat sinks near Auckland wharf

Hahahaha. Karma!!

I had a run in with one of their tosser operators on the way back to Westhaven a few weeks ago in the Masrhall. Basically he was mucking around at around 2-3 knots over Bayswater way among the moorings. No idea what he was up to then he decided to head straight at me from my starboard side and basically tracked me doing 2-3 knots while I was doing 7 knots. By the time it was clear he was set on continuing his course I would have had to do a 360 to avoid him so, as we both had eye contact, I just gave a wave and continued. I then got a mouthful of "Did I realise I had to give way?" FFS. He was one guy in the boat and had to alter course about 10 degrees. He got the appropriate answer. Whilst being technically correct, he was a real tosser about it all, and then I noted he was heading in to where the ferries berth, so had to alter course anyway!! Shame they don't know about depths as well as they know their Col Regs!