Is Ainslee leveling the odds for the others?

I think Grant Dalton had the best statement, as Burling said, BA got monster-ed in the pre-start, got frustrated and then stuffed up. Fairly high strung boys throwing their toys around out there.

Mildly concerning the amount of damage, and distraction the shore crew could do without.

Burling looked seriously pissed off, basically calling BA out, good work.

I understand the cyclors give more power to adjust appendages (wing sail and foils) etc, meaning ETNZ can throw the boat around more, which is clearly a major advantage in the pre-starts. Looks promising.

GD made a statement to the NY Times a wee while ago, along the lines of being worried that as alone wolf team, there is a possibility of others decided, if they can't beat 'em, sink 'em....

You'd like to htink that sort of thing wouldn't happen, but GD said it, and this is the America's Cup.

Oh, and Aotearoa has damage before the Cup racing even begins.

Whats not been so widely covered in the media as BA also hooked up the start mark line....

You can just see it start to run off after the boat in that vid SottiE posted.

All a bit armature really, its one thing having a prang, its another hooking up the start mark. Sir Ben isn't driving a laser now. (what dinghy did he win his Olympic golds in?)

May have been a laser he had at the olympics, but I'm pretty sure it was a finn he was sailing in the infamous video where he hopped out for a scuffle...

May have been a laser he had at the olympics, but I'm pretty sure it was a finn he was sailing in the infamous video where he hopped out for a scuffle...

Ahh the red mist, the red mist....

Whats not been so widely covered in the media as BA also hooked up the start mark line....

You can just see it start to run off after the boat in that vid SottiE posted.

All a bit armature really, its one thing having a prang, its another hooking up the start mark. Sir Ben isn't driving a laser now. (what dinghy did he win his Olympic golds in?)

yeh - though that's a bit rough - there's no way that he should be able to hook the mark without hitting it.  Last time round I thought they had GPS positioned marks?

Can someone explain the points system to me please?

From memory ousa can carry points into the final, which is first to 5 anyway? For some reason I think they can carry 2 points into the final if they win the first round?

Can someone explain the points system to me please?

From memory ousa can carry points into the final, which is first to 5 anyway? For some reason I think they can carry 2 points into the final if they win the first round?

The points system:

BAR get one point from Oracle every time they damage ETNZ.

Oracle give themselves one point any time anyone else win any qualifiers race.

Oracle get two points if they win any qualifier race

ETNZ get half a point if they win anything, but get one point removed if they lose any race.

Rule one, as defined by the America's Cup Events Authority, states that the defender shall only pass rules that are of the exclusive benefit to the defender only in the first instance, and of benefit to anyone racing against ETNZ in the second incidence.

• Upvote 1

Ha, moot point I guess... I suppose we have all had an underlying fear one of them would take us out before the final but refused to believe it possible, wonder what the odds on that happening now are

Ha, moot point I guess... I suppose we have all had an underlying fear one of them would take us out before the final but refused to believe it possible, wonder what the odds on that happening now are

One can only hope that Burling drives it like its stolen, and 'they' don't get close enough to even try the nuclear option.

Will make the pre-starts very interesting though.