25 replies to this topic

#21 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:19 AM

Cmp why don't you forget about owning a boat at this time and get crewing on one and the answers will come in time , if you start adding up figures and sceneros at this time you will be in many minds of will I or won't I , go sailing and see if it's for you this is not a hobby it's a way of life no one person can teach you there will be many over time , if you worry about sails , masts , keels , good and bad boats fees costs you will end up in a caravan , remember it's like a nice woman , if she looks good she will sail good , and hopefully if you have one cooks a good pork roast on a 30 deg angle ....

#22 chariot

chariot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:13 PM

You have one that cooks pork roasts at 30 deg angle. I think i might have to do some retraining.

#23 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

Well with my oven the roast stays level while she's out with me cranking the winches , and tending to the anchor ,,,,,

#24 mcp

mcp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:26 PM

What are peoples honest thoughts on Carter 33 passage and or Freedom 32 ?

Edited by mcp, 18 August 2017 - 06:26 PM.

#25 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

Hi you know these boats are old now and quite cheepish , and plastic , so you will have to do your homework on the hulls , mechanics, etc , you talking max carter 33 or the euro carter 33 , if so check it out

#26 mcp

mcp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

Hi you know these boats are old now and quite cheepish , and plastic , so you will have to do your homework on the hulls , mechanics, etc , you talking max carter 33 or the euro carter 33 , if so check it out

Yes...to all your points.   I am okay with the mechanical and electrical side of things.  I really would like opinions on specifics of what to look for structurally...or faults in design.  Do they sail like a barrel of pig crap, etc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users