#1 Willow

Willow

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationTauranga

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:31 PM

Anyone doing this 2up saw the ad tonight looks interesting with the staggered start.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

#2 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:43 PM

I saw that, big Ups to Akarana for looking at the market and responding to it, very well done that team.

As I never saw that drop to 9mt and short handed option coming or indeed possible with the growing analness infesting race management, I've made other plans bugger it. But I did make a call or 3 last evening sussing to see if I rushed my boat back from Aussie early who would be up for a jaunt to Noumea. There is good interest.

The gist of the event is all is here (maybe a link on the landing page would be handy ;) ) - http://aucklandnoume...acht-race-2018/

If we arrive on the start line who will come to play with us?  I have spoken to many of you lurkers, with similarly smaller ones like mine, on this subject and a lot of you have expressed interest in doing something like this.

Life is short, now is the time.

#3 Willow

Willow

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationTauranga

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

I like the sound of being somewhere warm next winter, hell of a party shaping up too. I have spoke to friends in Melbourne who are planning to do the Oz Noumea which starts at the same time. Mostly average 40 footers from there by the sounds of things.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

#4 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  • LocationSouth of the Bombays

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

This would be an ideal buildup to the SSANZ RNZ in February 2019 which is now all go
The best sailors do it two handed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users