Auckland-Noumea

Al Gwyre does a full course that takes one day, sure you start early morning in the pool and you don’t stop for cups of tea every few minutes, the full course is 10hrs learning so it’s doable

He is more expensive but I’m told the content is much better, haven’t done it myself and have no link to it but sounds the way to go.

Al Gwyre does a full course that takes one day, sure you start early morning in the pool and you don’t stop for cups of tea every few minutes, the full course is 10hrs learning so it’s doable

He is more expensive but I’m told the content is much better, haven’t done it myself and have no link to it but sounds the way to go.

Ive done 2 full courses and next year need a refresher.  An expensive one by the sounds.  I post this just as an example of one of the many good sounding and 'small' things that all add up to too much for so many.  

I learnt a lot on my first Safety at Sea course, run  at RPNYC about 14 years ago. It was good fun.  We had firefighters come in and light fires so we could put them out with extinguishers. We lit a few flares, we had the chopper rescue guys come and talk about chopper rescue stuff, with cool footage.  My last one was at CG in Mechanics bay and I hated every second of it and learnt exactly zero.

Yes, I had a similar experience on the course renewal. Was told there was no refresher as the course content had changed, it hadn't and 99% was a waste of everyone's time and my money.

I still think the course is a good idea and a real eye opener the first time in the wave pool, but the refresher (and there should be one not the same course again) should perhaps be a bit more advanced to be beneficial.

Looking forward to Dr Dave's first aid course, last time I heard him speak he was very informative and easy to listen to.