1999 replies to this topic

#11 DanInEurope

DanInEurope

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

That could work. You can buy my house and boat if that happens, wife and i decided to leave nz if greens had any power here.

Where would you go?

#12 Clipper

Clipper

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

Canada probably

#13 motorbike

motorbike

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationThe Shore

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:46 AM

At least the greens haven't gone to the centre, you know what you're getting. In NZ it doesnt really matter who gets in, pretty much all parties and coalitions are in the middle. Its just about the personalities. When the Nats got in at the beginning of this run they were hopeless, now with a bit of experience they seem ok but not really. Biggest gripe with the Nats is how they let house inflation and immigration run the country

#14 madyottie

madyottie

Strike 3. Woods Strike 18 Trimaran

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDeepest Darkest Waikato

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:55 AM

Regarding my earlier comment on offshore investment, I'm all for overseas Investment in business, but working in the Auckland construction arena, I'm quite shocked to hear how many new big homes are being built for offshore tenants with no desire to live here or rent it out. It is simply a cash dump while they wait for the capital gains. I can't see how this helps the economy aside from the initial construction.

I recall hearing somewhere that you lose control of a business at somewhere around 40% hostile ownership. So what happens when the 70k+ annual migration reaches that tipping point? It happened 150 years ago, now it's starting again.

3mm ply is no match for 110kg size 11 boots! Anyone know how to fix my foredeck?

#15 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:10 AM

Really? I would have thought the biggest gripe should be how the pollies have no testicles and should be told to grow a pair, a big pair, or simply fornicate off. Then use those balls to address the issues everyone knows exist and everyone knows someone with a good set of nads could do something about.

But as the majority seem quite happy with the seething mass of mainly self-interested eunuchs they have elected, and keep telling are doing a good job, far be if for me to suggest the masses should be expecting better things for NZ.

#16 Zozza

Zozza

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:59 AM

Who is the New Zealand Labour party at this minute?   The worker's party...being lead by a kid that has not worked in a real job in her entire life.  

Relatability is what is killing labour currently.

I bet that there is a lot of regret, not voting Shane Jones as the leader.  He would win a popularity contest, while at the helm...with a lot of entrenched voters already in place.

What "real"job did Key have? Playing roulette on the currency exchange markets? Give me a break mate.

#17 Clipper

Clipper

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

A job where he had a skill that paid him money and wasnt in politics I think is the point.

#18 Zozza

Zozza

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:23 AM

A job ,he had a skill that paid him money and wasnt in politics I think is the point.

Sitting on his Arse playing with numbers at Merrill Lynch - that bastion of Corporate integrity.

Here is a bit about Merrill Lynch and their conduct during the GFC and subsequent payouts with tax payers money:

"Merrill Lynch arranged for payment of billions in bonuses for 2008 performance in what appeared to be "special timing", despite reported losses of $27 billion. These bonuses totaling $3.6 billion were one-third of the money they received from the feds' TARP bailout."

#19 ScottiE

ScottiE

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

John Key was an MP - 2002 - 2016 - how is your unreferenced "bit" relevent?

After a decade or so of Euphoria . . . it's time to go Ballistic!
Anthony

#20 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

Sitting on his Arse playing with numbers at Merrill Lynch - that bastion of Corporate integrity.

If it was that simple why isn't everyone doing it?

Get into it dude, in a year or 2 that RC could become a SY... as in a Superyacht model ;)

The NZ government has told it's military to kill people. Does that mean you also think murder is acceptable? If course it doesn't... I hope.

I can understand why many have issues with JK and his previous employment, I do have huge issues with fondlers not doers myself, but the reality is what he did was not illegal and did serve a purpose, as perverted as the purpose is for many. Also JK did have a big part in a stable Government that did get a country thru a very large global f*ck up far better than most other countries did which in turn made the pain for Rangi and Sheryl Public far worse than most in other countries did and are experiencing.

One of the biggest political problems NZ currently has is the voting public is still living in days gone by. Most still see Labour as 'the workers party' and the Natz as 'the business and/or rich pricks party', but that is not born out by both of those parties actions over the last 10 years and a bit longer. Until the voters realise the world has moved on and it's time they caught up, far too many voters will tick the box for the wrong reasons. That's not only going to hurt them it is also going to hurt all of NZ.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

wheels