injector cleaners

Guest 000

I am giving my boat engine it's annual tart-up. Has anyone used any of the injector cleaners which are touted as cleaning up the entire fuel system as well as the injectors.

Do they work or is it just snake oil? If they do work, is there a preferred brand?

To be fair, snake oil is a bit unfair for me to call them that, but they don't work either. Basically, they used to work in ancient days when NZ had poor quality Diesel and it still works for those Countries that still do. Most Fuel Co's have their own brand of injector cleaner already added to the Fuel and we in NZ have a much higher spec fuel available.
However, the type that is also a Biocide and stabilizer is a good product to always have in your tank. This insures bug does nit grow and that any Fuel sitting fir a king time does not go bad.
The ones I use are (in no particular order) are Chem tech(bunnings) Lucas(B&T) Mooreys, Fuel Set (although I don't like that it mixes in water to the fuel)

However, the type that is also a Biocide and stabilizer is a good product to always have in your tank. This insures bug does nit grow and that any Fuel sitting fir a king time does not go bad.

The ones I use are (in no particular order) are Chem tech(bunnings) Lucas(B&T) Mooreys, Fuel Set (although I don't like that it mixes in water to the fuel)

Obviously the coffee hadn't kicked in when I wrote that. Let me correct it.

However, the type that is also a Biocide/stabilizer is a good product to always have in your tank. This insures bug does not grow and that any Fuel sitting for a long time does not go bad.

The ones I use are (in no particular order) are Chemtech(supercheap) Lucas(B&T) Mooreys and Fuel Set (although I don't like that it mixes in water to the fuel)

Thanks Wheels. I'm already using a fuel stabilizer. My hope was that some gunk in a bottle was going to perform untold wonders for my engine but in my heart I knew it probably wasn't so. Perhaps the same misguided opinion that tipping vast amounts of alcohol down your throat is going to cure all your problems.