Photo

Dragonforce 65?

75 replies to this topic

#71 Guest_Cam_*

Guest_Cam_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:26 PM

Now I see why the NMMS boats filled the top three places.. they had inside support from the local wildlife.

#72 SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts
  • LocationPatumahoe

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:03 AM

NMMS (Wattle Farm) will be racing DF65 on Saturday mornings (2nd & 4th Saturdays of the the month) starting this weekend the 27th July all welcome to come on down.

Racing 1000 to 1200 hrs with the normal IOM racing from 1300 hrs.

We will be sailing on the second pond as the main pond was drained for the council to look at the weed issue.

"With age comes wisdom .... and with wisdom comes the knowing when to avoid perfection!"

#73 SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts
  • LocationPatumahoe

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:45 PM

8th boat assembled and this one is mine, the big splash at Wattle tomorrow. :thumbup:  :thumbup:

DF65 - 121.jpg

"With age comes wisdom .... and with wisdom comes the knowing when to avoid perfection!"

#74 SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts
  • LocationPatumahoe

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:08 AM

Heading to Kapiti this weekend 19th & 20th October for a 2 day regatta for the DF65's.

Skippers coming from Wellington, Hawkes Bay, Tauranga and Auckland.

I will so be taking my DF95 down to have sail with 5 boats from Kapiti Radio Yacht Club, it will be the first time in the water for it. :thumbup:

https://kapitradioya...ti-radio-y-club

Here are my girls.

DF65 & 95.jpg

#75 SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts
  • LocationPatumahoe

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:21 PM

Sitting in Dixie Browns overlooking Lake Taupo munching into an Egg Benedict Smoked Salmon and a large flat white, it might be a couple reflecting on the past few days.

I drove down on Friday morning and met some of the local Kapiti skippers at the Awatea Lagoon, Paraparaumu and we had a blast with our DF95, first time in the water for the “Sloop”.

Saturday morning was not a typical Wellington morning, plenty of rain but not much wind, John McPherson the RO set a course for the shifty north east  breeze, which later went to the north west after lunch.

Three of the locals show the rest how to sail the 65’s with A+ sails, Mike, Chris and Graeme showing the rest how to sail with the 2 northern raids “the Sloop” and Kerry fighting for the 4th & 5th places overnight, it has to be mentions the the Sloop won the last 3 races of the day……time to go home.

Saturday night at the Waikanae Chartered, the usual stories and bs flowed.

Sunday morning the rain was a bit lighter but the breeze was the same, the Sloop was having a few issues how to sail these little boats, much different from a IOM they stall very easily and tacking on the tricky windshifts was not to be done, The sloop was setup differently from the local boat with the main boom considerable more open, on straight line sailing it appeared to be the fastest boat but turning corners was the problem plus the bent start line as 121 was constantly recalled at the starts on both days.

Racing was very well mannered with not to many incidents around the course.

For the northern boys we need to some practice to repel the southern raiders at the DF65 North Island Champions Nov 30th & Dec 1st at Wattle.

DF65.jpg

#76 SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts
  • LocationPatumahoe

Posted 01 November 2019 - 10:55 AM

New Zealand DF65 North Island Championships 

Sat 30th Nov & Sunday 1st Dec

Wattle Farm Ponds, Wattle Farm, Wattle Downs, Auckland.

https://dragonforce6...upcoming-events

Online Entries 

http://www.wattlefar....nz/ENTRY_1.php

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users