21 replies to this topic

#11 wild violet

wild violet

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:00 AM

I parked my van at the nelson marina for 6 weeks while i was away no ticket nothing Auckland sounds like nazi germany think i will stay here

#12 Neil

Neil

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationWaimauku, Auckland

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:48 PM

Have appealed again. Don't expect a different outcome but I'll make them run around as much as I can first.

#13 Elly

Elly

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationWesthaven

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:19 PM

5 or more years ago there was no problem and no time limits.  You could park in the white bays all day any day.  But they were mostly empty during the week.

But then the big corporates (Vodaphone, AirNZ) have decided that they must have their offices in the marine precinct, the office workers started parking in the white bays, and it become a problem.  So the marina imposed time limits, and started fining, which is good cause we want to keep the car parks free for sailors.  However some sailors are getting fined which is a problem.

#14 tuffyluffy

tuffyluffy

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

But then the big corporates (Vodaphone, AirNZ) have decided that they must have their offices in the marine precinct, the office workers started parking in the white bays, and it become a problem.  So the marina imposed time limits, and started fining, which is good cause we want to keep the car parks free for sailors.  However some sailors are getting fined which is a problem.

Interestingly, Auckland Transport (Akl City Council) are moving into the Vodafone building shortly hence I wonder where their staff are parking?!.

#15 waikiore

waikiore

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

An electrical contractor and friend was installing some equipment on mine the week before Christmas last , he got the same thing mid week no one about, when I kicked up at Westhaven they shrugged their shoulders and said something along the lines of out of our hands its Wilson. Which I feel was a miserable gutless cop out he was 5 mins over the alloted time to shift . By the way there is one patrolling the parks everyday this week, so be warned - and fellow marina tenants stamp your feet and demand the temp tickets for anyone working on your boat, they have been offered, and just because the girl is new to the office she cant deny this. 

#16 Rangi1

Rangi1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationBay of Islands

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

?........... sounds like nazi germany think .......

I think you have lost context here Wild Violet

Rangi

#17 wild violet

wild violet

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

Have just been down southland where there are virtually no rules i feel the further north you go the more your freedom is taken away.For example if you want a mooring in southland you just put one down anywhere even stewart island no resource consent nothing.Auckland sounds like a terrible place to live I like to visit but no way in hell would I live there.

#18 Dagwood

Dagwood

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

The fact that they've partnered up with Wilson Parking says it all.....

#19 Neil

Neil

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationWaimauku, Auckland

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:53 PM

Seems the second appeal was worth while - ticket waived :-) 

Dear Sir/Madam, 

Re: Parking Breach Notice 755574645 Registration AYJ262 

Thank you for your recent communication regarding the above Breach Notice. 

After careful consideration of the evidence, we can confirm that it was issued in accordance with our procedures and the Terms and Conditions of parking which are displayed on the Important Notice and signage at this car park.

However, the good news is, we can confirm that the Breach Notice has been waived on this occasion.

Please make sure in the future that you comply with the Terms and Conditions, as any further Breach Notices under these circumstances
wont will not be waived.

Yours faithfully 

Parking Enforcement Services

Enforcement Administration

#20 Elly

Elly

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationWesthaven

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

Well done, you must have written a very good email!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users