it's the shiraz saying sh!t

#2 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

We're a bit thick , we perfect a fast boat , win a cup , and change the boat and start again ,

#3 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,042 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:48 PM

I think that there won't be much speed difference to last time, and it's unlikely that we'll see spinnakers again, possibly not even asymmetrics. It'll be interesting....

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#4 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:17 AM

What will they get a mono 60 footer out of the water doing 40 kts

#5 Kiwifish

Kiwifish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:42 AM

We're a bit thick , we perfect a fast boat , win a cup , and change the boat and start again ,

It was a condition of Luna Rosa helping us this round apparently. I didn't know they actually did that much for us.
The grass is greenest where you water it......If light is the fastest thing. Then how did the dark get there first?

Www.gulfwanderers.blog

#6 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:12 AM

I would thought that the development we hade made with foiling , and winning the cup after years of trying and millions later we would keep that development going .but no we go back to mono hull , , until we loose it again then back to cats . only 32 months to go , we have to design a boat ,build it and try it , then train up some sailors to sail it , then spend millions on a place to have it and others ,then hope the competition offer to challenge it ,government don't want a bar of it or English can't see it as being any good and won't open the cheque book up , , Blake tried to make it an even event , the winner makes the rules that's where it is , it needs a set of rules the deed of gift ,and the original winner yacht club to hold the rules , and not allow winners to change the cup to suit them selves ,it was a race with mono hull boats with certain size measurements , stick to it ,

#7 Freeeeeeeeeedom

Freeeeeeeeeedom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationWesthaven

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

It was a condition of Luna Rosa helping us this round apparently. I didn't know they actually did that much for us.

They gave us a huge helping hand in their foil autopilot system. It was a totally automatic foil control system.

It wasn't allowed to be used but ETNZ figured out a system by placing a screen on top of the Autopilot display for Tuke to manually match what the Autopilot said. 

Used to be High'n'Fibre but I've seen the light and brought half of Freedom, a modified GBE - Adrian

#8 hb1849

hb1849

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChristchurch

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

I would thought that the development we hade made with foiling , and winning the cup after years of trying and millions later we would keep that development going .but no we go back to mono hull , , until we loose it again then back to cats . only 32 months to go , we have to design a boat ,build it and try it , then train up some sailors to sail it , then spend millions on a place to have it and others ,then hope the competition offer to challenge it ,government don't want a bar of it or English can't see it as being any good and won't open the cheque book up , , Blake tried to make it an even event , the winner makes the rules that's where it is , it needs a set of rules the deed of gift ,and the original winner yacht club to hold the rules , and not allow winners to change the cup to suit them selves ,it was a race with mono hull boats with certain size measurements , stick to it ,

Err -- except I believe TNZ still has Guillaume Verdier -- one could say he has some experience with foiling monos.

#9 Veladare

Veladare

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

Yawn

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing WITH you.

#10 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

It's the AC, it's never made sense and has been the realm of extreme wankery.

Take that bullshit and wankery away and what's left? Just another regatta like the 1000's that happen each year.

It's for the 1% of 1%ers, that's why they build BIC boats i.e.disposable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users