#1 funlovincriminal

funlovincriminal

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • LocationStanmore Bay, Whangaparaoa

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

I've come into possession of an early Townson Electron that's in need of a refit. I was wondering if anyone had or knew of a functioning boat preferably on the peninsula that I could have a look at to see what exactly it's missing?
Cheers Nigel
"We are not at home to Mr Cock-up"

#2 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,142 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

Must be one - I often see the rc guys sailing on the little gulf Harbour lake. Someone there would know

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#3 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

Hi funlovingcrim the electronics are simple one Servo one winch one receiver , some have a swing arm winch and the guns have a smart winch or sim , futaba servos are fine , so if it has no electrics you can set it up cheep , I used to sail and build Marblehead boats and still have moulds etc sail gear

#4 Marshy

Marshy

DayStar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:42 AM

Grunta is your man to get them functioning properly Nigel - he does all the repair work on them now.

<p>Marshy - I may have gone to the Darkside, but I'm loving the VMG to windward....

#5 Guest_Myjane_*

Guest_Myjane_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:48 PM

Or try grant he’s sailed these for years and has the knowhow with electronics Servos and transmitters I have his number if need

#6 strath

strath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

I have an Electron, and live in Gulf Harbour if you want advise and to have a look etc. I belong to the Gulf Harbour Radio Yacht Club. We sailed the Des Townson Memorial regatta on Regency Lake last Sunday 22 boat.

Give me call if you like. 029 297 7705 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users