39 replies to this topic

#1 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:38 AM

A news article today has bought this case up again.
It's a long article that say's very little of anything for much of it, till you get to a paragraph about this Person that has brought up the theory.
So if you can't be bothered reading it all, basically, this amateur investigator as he has been described, has plotted where he believes the mystery Boat was anchored. Apparently this has always been in contention. I can't work out why Police never did this. Or maybe they did and dismissed it, just as they dismissed much of the evidence and seemed fixed on Watson. So this person has taken times and directions described by all the Witnesses and anything of such described through out the case, including anything said by Watson and Wallace and plotted them all on a chart, The Chart has all the known positions of all the other boats. Then converting time to Distance, making alterations in tracks to get around boats, including margins of error for guesstimates, has come up with a common point or area on the chart where the Mystery Ketch was likely to be anchored. This area, that all the descriptions have independently lead to, happens to be no where near where the Blade was anchored.
https://www.stuff.co...ott-watson-case

#2 native

native

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationThe Shore

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

Attached File  200w_d.gif   95.08KB   0 downloads

#3 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

I have never thought SW was guilty.
“If we don’t change our direction, we will end up where we are headed.”

#4 Chloe

Chloe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationWaikato

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

It was the speed that the little boat traveled at that convinced me.

#5 grant

grant

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

I read the article and was intrigued by the fact he plotted the positions using time and distance date from the witness.

from what I can make out the only source of information would be the witnesses.  Since it took place in the early hours of new years day, after a rip roaring new years eve party, what are the chances accurately remembering that it was 3 &1/2 minutes between boats?  i'm not saying he was wrong but I'm also not convinced about the quality of the data....

#6 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

are the chances accurately remembering that it was 3 &1/2 minutes between boats?

I think it was times taken by Guy Wallace as he was delivering people and picking them up. I think the positions of Boats were confirmed by the other witnesses.

#7 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

Yes Wallace must know if he sided a large ketch with a blue band around it or a small low wooded boat , , I think the ketch sailed in did the job and sailed out not to be seen but the cops don't look at the obvious.

#8 grant

grant

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:28 PM

I think it was times taken by Guy Wallace as he was delivering people and picking them up. I think the positions of Boats were confirmed by the other witnesses.

you reckon he was keeping an accurate log when running around an anchorage in the wee small hours of the mooring? I'd be mighty impressed (& surprised) if he was

#9 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:35 AM

Yep he had too, because he had to know exactly where each boat was to be able to take back rather well lubricated boaties at all hours of the night. Because remember, the more you drink, the greater the chance of the Boat not being where you thought you left it. ;-)

#10 DanInEurope

DanInEurope

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:41 AM

Yep he had too, because he had to know exactly where each boat was to be able to take back rather well lubricated boaties at all hours of the night. Because remember, the more you drink, the greater the chance of the Boat not being where you thought you left it. ;-)

Is there evidence of that?  I.e is there anywhere that all the trial evidence has been published, in total.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users