69 replies to this topic

#61 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,534 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

t is possible that many people there may have other peoples hair on them due to the fact when one waves their head around 100 hairs can easily break off.

Yes and a point made in the doco.

You are right IT. I am hoping the change in GVT may be helpful to Watson. Collins attitude was disgraceful in my view. Especially after a Canadian Judge produces a report saying miscarriage and she turns around and says judge is wrong. That is totally wrong.

#62 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

Once again the blocked brain article believing Watson is guilty , I read it with a piss,, off feeling and the blue Coates keep saying there was no ketch How many witness do they need , , easy way out is to leave Watson in lockup ,who cares if he’s innocent, the law doesn’t

#63 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:02 AM

The NZ justice system HATES to admit that it was wrong, and won’t do so at any cost unless it’s absolutely forced to. Which is wrong in itself. They’d rather see innocent people rot in jail than admitt to a mistake.

All the more reason to establish a independent body to review such cases of this nature and remove the corruption that occurs with regularity.
Tena Pora was treated appallingly by the National government and their attitude to free and open justice was typically hard of heart and mean of spirit,that’s Tories for you.
Give Watson another trial and let’s see how sound the conviction is by shinning some sunlight on the contentiousl parts of the crowns case which sounds peruiosly suspect at best.

#64 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:04 AM

Perilously

#65 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

Justice is a class based system and basically unavailable to many.
“If we don’t change our direction, we will end up where we are headed.”

#66 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

But an independent body would have to get police permit to release him in wich they say he should stay , it seems to be a wind Pi,,,,ing exersize at pres

#67 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,997 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:13 PM

Another article from stuff...

https://www.stuff.co...ott-watson-case

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#68 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,534 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:57 AM

I was reading a different article a few days ago, about our Justice System in NZ not set up well for readdressing  possible falsely accused situations. Apparently Canada and the UK do have such systems in place and a number of cases have been overturned over the years. The author of the article was citing several past and current cases that have been overturned in NZ, thus there being a need for a far better system.
In the view of the Watson case, I agree with this idea. This case has so many holes in it and yet none of them can be reviewed. It is wrong.
In the article IT has linked to, the Author says this case should never even have gone to Court, or which I also agree. I also strongly disagree with our system that deems it necessary that a convicted person must admit guilt to be eligible for both Parole and release at end of sentence. They have done their time. It should not come down to whether they admit guilt or not at the end. The Jury decided the Guilt part. It's kind of like that saying, Whipping shall continue till Morale improves. In this case, it is like, We say you are guilty and Prison shall continue until we break you and you say you are guilty.

#69 armchairadmiral

armchairadmiral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationEkatahuna

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:56 AM

Yes,that's right.Some like Tamahere,Paroa ,and others languished in jail because they wouldn't admit guilt,because they were not guilty. Others admitted guilt just to get out even though they were not guilty. As BP says NZ so called justice system is class based or more accurately money based.Don't know if Watson did it but based on the trial transcript / evidence he shouldn't be in jail

The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools.  Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher 1820 - 1903

#70 wal

wal

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

There's a hell of a lot of Law....

....but sod all Justice

Wal'

The combination of careful conservatism and out-of-control wishful thinking common to the male of the species

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users