Freezer

Guest 000

Yep, you can get by cheap, or not at all. But most cruisers these days want or expect similar levels of comfort to a home, for extended voyaging.

How many of you don't have fridges or freezers at home?

As I said in my last post, everyone has their own requirements....

How many of you don't have fridges or freezers at home?

Yes, quite right as well.

We have a small freezer which is part of the fridge at home. As far as having one on board I am governed by my wife's requirements and she says she doesn't need one. And as far as I'm concerned I am content with the exact same meal for years on end since I have an almost non existent sense of taste and smell. I did this when single handed voyaging for a few years - it certainly makes provisioning a breeze - but of course that won't suit everyone and as you said, to each his own.

Absolutely.

Speaking of Home fridge freezers. I want a combination one for home that is mostly Freezer and smaller Fridge. Why is it that all the manufacturers make one the other way around. We do a fortnightly Grocery shop. I know that is not the norm of the world. But surely there must still be a reasonable number that shop like that. So we have a majority of food that is longer term storage in the freezer and the fridge just has the daily stuff. Which for just the two of us is Butter, Milk, Cold drink and some eggs. We don't need a cavern of a Fridge, which seems is all that is available and this little tiny couple of drawers in the Freezer.