Raymarine x5 Autopilot is it stuffed?

I get a no Pilot message when it powers up,  when i check the motor connections on the course computer there is no power at those terminals, but there is power at the power in terminals beside it,  cannot seem to find much from doctor google that points to a cause.  Anyone had to deal with the same?

Just in case, there will only be power present when the Controller wants to move the motor, so make sure you are testing for a voltage when the unit is trying to "change course" and thus trying to drive the motor. There may or may not be a fuse.
The important point is to work out if the fault is the Pilot or the motor, So you need to take the 12V directly to the motor and see if that will move. Reverse the leads to ensure the motor drives both directions. Make sure the helm is in the centre position and move one way and the other only briefly, as there will be no "Helm full over stop". If the motor drives, then the fault is the Pilot
To go further than that, you really need a schematic and some electronics ability and chances are, the PCB may not be repairable and requires replacement.

Rawhide, if wheels guide above isolates the issue - no pilot means the controller can't see the course computer via the network cable. There won't be power at the motor terminals unless the pilot is trying to change course.

So, if you're stuck, give me a call or pm. I can probably sort it for you.

Matt

Check the whole Seatalk NG system. It’s nmea2000 really. Make certain that the bus has terminators at each end, the power connection is decent Voltage, and near the middle of the bus, and that the drop cables have only one device connected. If you have a MFD with network diag, run or check that for problems. Run the device list selection on the MFD and make certain it can see all the connected devices. Then run the sources selection, to ensure the AP knows which compass it should steer to....