US warship tech causes collision

Remind me which government is not paying cops, teachers, not maintaining cities, not providing healthcare, happy for police to shoot you if you're the wrong colour, locks up children for life etc etc? BTW doing as I suggest is far from standing idly by.

^

north korea?

heard of the 3 generations punishment law?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/asia/north-korea/galleries/what-you-didn-t-know-about-north-korea/there-s-a-three-generations-of-punishment-rule/

locked up for life

worked to death in between beatings and starving

happy when they find a corn kernel in cow sh*t

A 2014 UN Commission of Inquiry found that abuses in North Korea were without parallel in the contemporary world. They include extermination, murder, enslavement, torture, imprisonment, rape, forced abortions, and other sexual violence. North Korea operates secretive prison camps where perceived opponents of the government are sent to face torture and abuse, starvation rations, and forced labor. Fear of collective punishment is used to silence dissent. There is no independent media, functioning civil society, or religious freedom. 

https://www.hrw.org/asia/north-korea

In total, co author of The Black Book of CommunismPierre Rigoulot estimates

100,000 executions,

1½ million deaths through concentration camps and forced labor,

and 500,000 deaths from famine,

reaching a total of 2.1 million victims

(not counting 1.3 million soldiers and civilians killed on both sides during the Korean War).[171]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_North_Korea

And that is why no sane leader will ever do anything more than talk. The best western countries take in sub 200k of refugees each year, Nobody is prepared to pay the bill or take the people that a NK war would cause. SK's economy would stall from the few that would make it across the DMZ. China would most likely take a few for the cameras and then shoot anyone else crossing the Yalu river

Erice - Every year the US conducts military exercises off the coast of North Korea where they practice invading. They fly bombers (armed) over NK nearly every day. That's what I meant by plotting to kill North Koreans.

Don't get me wrong NK is not blameless, but neither is the US. It takes two to tango.

They fly bombers (armed) over NK nearly every day.

bollocks!

it does take 2 for murder

1 killer + 1 victim

stupid to say the murdered is responsible for existing

the north initiated korean war resulted in over 1,000,000 deaths

doesn't mean the defenders are equally culpable to the attackers!

the north still has 1 main policy objective

the forceful reunification of the korean peninsula under their control

and if 3,000,000 die in the attempt

kim doesn't care!

however 51,000,000 south koreans 

like their way of life

don't want to live as slaves

have asked the US to protect them

wouldn't you ask the police to protect your family

​if a murdering, thieving gang moved next door and started pointing guns at you over the fence? 

if you were sailing off the coast of somalia 

and high speed boats with ak48 totting men were closing on you

would you think

"i'll be ok if i'm nice to them"

They fly bombers (armed) over NK nearly every day.

Not quite BP. They have flown near the Border, but not over it. NK have threatened they will shoot down anything that crosses over into it's airspace.

But it is correct that there are issues with both sides. In my view, things would calm down somewhat if Trump simply backed away instead of ramping up each time KJU does something stupid. And stupid he sure does do well.

Interestingly, a couple of writers for "Janes" ( the military weapons book) have said that NK do not have the ability of launching a Nuke yet and they say that this ability is still 2yrs away.

Not thread drift but throw Zimbabwe into the discussion. Mugabe has pillaged plundered raped murdered stolen and perpetrated the most heinous crimes on his country and people. Probably worse than NK. And no one cares. Not UN ,USA, Britain nor even NZ. What gives ?