Timber sealer .

What is the best type of epoxy timber sealer preservative to apply to my rudder stock.

Have removed a portion of the top of the stock after discovering dry rot.

EPG in Rosebank Rd.

Evadure .

West resin thinned with acetone.

Bunnings Norski

Replace entire rudder with carbon fibre one and be done with the rot.

Replace entire rudder with carbon fibre one and be done with the rot.
Second best is remove dry rot and fill or repair with timber and Glass.
 Third,  EPG. It is well priced, and as far as I know, uses a Biocide like Evadure used too.

Evadure no longer uses the Biocide and is stupid expensive.
Do NOT use Acetone. Use Epoxy thinnners.
HOWEVER, in saying all that, thinners in Epoxy is now considered not a grood idea. When the thinners evaporates, it leave little holes and thus the Epoxy is then porous and absorbs water. However, I believe that using an epoxy undercoat over top will seal it. It certainly fixes any soft wood.
Norski would also be OK. It is not a high quality product and most certainly do not buy it from Bunnings. Call Norski direct or buy on line. But seeing as it comes from Blenheim, freight would make the EPG stuff far more attractive. And EPG is a great product range.

Thanks for the info.

Got big farkin fright when speed bore bit disappeared for its entire length .

Luckily the rudder is well supported by 4 pintels and the nasty bit only held the flag staff atop.

Flag can go as it’s a joke colonial travesty and I have simply now have yet another bit of my wooden log that now sits as many others do on my shelf of boat memories.

Looking over my collection is a real journey through the last 15 odd years for this yacht.

The piece I admire and miss the most in a both practical and aesthetic way is my Samson post.

Finely crafted teak wonder that surrended to time that adorned my foredeck and its replacement was purchased and duelling installed and permanently regretted from day one.