Tricky Inflatable Repair

I have a zodiac 2.6m with a fibreglass bottom.  There is a slow leak from under the fabric of join of the tube to the hull.

I have the correct patches and glue etc, but dont think that will do any good, as patching the end of the join will just result in the air leaking past.  Its a slow leak, so I tried unsuccessfully to jam some sika in there.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how to fix?

White stuff (sika) in second photo is where air is escaping.

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

I think the existing seam has to be removed with heat,  leak patched then re glue the seam.

Can be done at home but probably better for a pro job if the rib is in great condition otherwise.

Bugger.  Anyone got any suggestion on who might be able to do it?  Is in otherwise good condition, so dont want to stuff it up

Sailors corner have a product, you put it inside the tubes, to seal leaks such as this. Like a wash around internal solution. I haven't used it, it's not cheap. But if it's only a slow leak it may be effective.

I wonder whether actually cutting open the tube, adjacent from the seam and then installing a decent patch "inside" and then reparing the cut wouldn't infact be the best solution.  you'd then be able to apply some reasonable compression to the repair site while the clean acess slot would be a much tidier repair.  Locate the slot/hole so that you can put a tidy well profiled patch over with no overlaps.

I’ve tried that Pooh that you put inside, didn’t work for long as the whole seam was slowly parting

However my brother in law used it on his aquapro that had a few tiny pin holes and when he sold it 5 years later it was still working fine.

So sounds like yours may be worth a crack or try Scottie’s idea or pay the pro.